• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laundry Dryers and Sock Monsters

Does your clothes dryer have a sock monster?

• My god...it's more like, how MANY sock monsters!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sometimes. He hibernates a lot, but he eats the occasional sock.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Nah. Every sock that goes into the dryer comes out!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I never do our laundry, so I wouldn't know!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I AM the sock monster!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
It's only happened a few times. Probably one sock every month.

I have a feeling that what happens is my husband wears through one, throws it away, and then puts the other into the machine.

If I have a spare sock I always put it back into the bin. If it comes out alone the second time, I throw it away.

ayani

yes. sometimes he gets pokey, but he does eat the occasional sock. thank heavens they're fairly cheap.

lunamoth

Will to love
Yes. I now buy only one kind of sock so that no matter what he eats it does not matter. I always have socks that match.

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
The sock monster isn't in my dryer, it's in my washer!
Sometimes we put them in and none come out. Most times it gives us back the shreds when he's done with it.
And it's traveled with us.....it's always in the washer. It doesn't matter if it's a different washer, it's got a thing for wet socks.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
We sometimes invite our sock monster over for lunch but if he's really hungry and he can't wait, he might eat a sock or two from the washer. We've come to accept it because hey....sock monsters have to eat too. :p

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It's only happened a few times. Probably one sock every month.

I have a feeling that what happens is my husband wears through one, throws it away, and then puts the other into the machine.

If I have a spare sock I always put it back into the bin. If it comes out alone the second time, I throw it away.

Does it ever multiply or do you always throw one away.
If one turns up does it ever make a pair?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Yup, every time I go to TJ Maxx, I buy more packages of socks. I seldom get more than a couple of wearings out of a pair of socks before one of them disappears, never to be found again.