• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Questions

MotoEric

Hi,

If this is in the wrong area, mods please feel free to move it.

1)Is there an LDS forum here? I didn't see one under Christian Denominations.

2) I have seen comments on other forums that deal with religion about LDS history, theology, etc. Most of these comments are VERY negative in nature. I am in NO WAY competent to answer them.* Would it be appreciated if I pointed these out or pm'd them to LDS members that are active here?

Thanks,

Eric

* Some of them are so pathetic that I actually can answer them, but not being an LDS member and not being any where near comfortable with my knowledge of your Church, I'm not comfortable addressing what they bring up expect in the most broad of terms (such as asking them to site sources or explaining that third hand apocryphal stories doesn't make for strong evidence).

SoyLeche

meh...
Hi,

If this is in the wrong area, mods please feel free to move it.

1)Is there an LDS forum here? I didn't see one under Christian Denominations.

2) I have seen comments on other forums that deal with religion about LDS history, theology, etc. Most of these comments are VERY negative in nature. I am in NO WAY competent to answer them.* Would it be appreciated if I pointed these out or pm'd them to LDS members that are active here?

Thanks,

Eric

* Some of them are so pathetic that I actually can answer them, but not being an LDS member and not being any where near comfortable with my knowledge of your Church, I'm not comfortable addressing what they bring up expect in the most broad of terms (such as asking them to site sources or explaining that third hand apocryphal stories doesn't make for strong evidence).
A lot of other forums (especially "Christian" forums) are a waste of time when it comes to discussing the LDS church. They are all uninformed and wouldn't allow a real discussion even if they were informed. Most of us (the LDS posters here) have been banned from such sites in the past because we committed the crime of not bashing Mormons. I got in trouble on one of them once for citing LDS scripture. You are much better off here :)