• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legend of Zelda ScreenPlay

RiverSeed

Plodding Along
A time ago, the idea entered my head, that I should try to write a screenplay for a Legend of Zelda Movie. I...have some experience with the craft. I write well. Legend of Zelda is different from Lord of the Rings. It would translate differently from video game to movie screen.

Where video game is mostly about game play and playing the dungeons, a movie would focus very much on the many connections between the many characters in the games. Their connections, their emotions towards each other. I am convinced that a proper movie would focus on the relationships between link, his uncle, zelda, the master sword, the gorons, his responsibility, Malon, Saria, Epona, everyone in the games.

It is like a large family. The connections are there. I want to base the screen-play on the characters and their relationships towards each other. And in between, naturally, there would be the incredibly heroic battle, of course, between Link and Vaati, link and Ganondorf.

I feel I can pull it off. I don't have a degree in writing, but I took over 66 college credit hours of English writing and composition courses, as well as creative writing.

The reason I am posting this is to discuss the prospect of a legend of zelda movie. It is too important to me to entrust to fate. Or to leave to some ill fated director to turn into another Transformers or X-men Origins(I loved Origins. The fanboy in me was...:facepalm: :D)

I am laughing. I am filled with joy. I want to tackle this task. I feel happy. I thought it would be fun to open the floodgates to discussion for any LoZ fans.

The game that I am thinking of turning into a movie is A link to a Past. Simply because it can be made in two parts: The lightworld and darkworld.

I would love to turn Ocarina of time into a movie. But that game is just too complicated, too... too... complicated... *laughs*'

Have fun with the thread. Introduce your own content as you see fit. :yes:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Some of us here love Zelda (or more specifically, Link). I know I would want to see such a movie even if it got poor reviews.

RiverSeed

Plodding Along
Yes. My goal will be to produce a high quality script, and then mail it to Clint eastwood, groveling for him to direct! *laughs* :foot:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'd be happy to help you out. I'm also hoping to get into movie-making, and I'm taking an intro to film class next fall semester. Plus I'm a HUGE Zelda fanboy. ^_^

I have to say, Link to the Past sounds like a good idea. Everyone focuses on Ocarina, and the only other two fan-films of Zelda (Hero of Time and Legend of Link) are based on it... though the former was terrible and the latter is a spoof, and a good one at that. (Seriously, Tingle hits Navi with a baseball bat. That's just... epic hardcore awesomeness!) LTTP has a great story that's often overlooked compared to the later games.

And you're right; character relationships would be best for driving the plot, though you'd definitely still want dungeon crawling.