• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

?Lesbianism?

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
Sorry but thats just so ignorant. not wanting to insult you but its because of ignorance or not knowing/studying things that people like myself are victimised or taken to be a joke.
like the timeless comment 'its just a phase'

I wouldnt mind hearing where most people think the word Lesbian comes from.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Sorry but thats just so ignorant. not wanting to insult you but its because of ignorance or not knowing/studying things that people like myself are victimised or taken to be a joke.

Well since you have decided not to direct your comments to any certain name we have a problem with understanding what you are talking about.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I was talking about you finding the Lesbos story funny.

See I am a advocate for Lesbianism here and you would insult me for finding a news story funny as to the people of Lesbos that call the people of that place lesbians and have for long before the term was used to speak of women who like to have sex with other women. Do others here see the irony of this. I should have known, there is always one in the bunch. ;)

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
See I am a advocate for Lesbianism here and you would insult me for finding a news story funny as to the people of Lesbos that call the people of that place lesbians and have for long before the term was used to speak of women who like to have sex with other women. Do others here see the irony of this. I should have known, there is always one in the bunch. ;)

Nah dont try turn it back on me

firstly your a guy. of course that in its self isnt the issue.
but you are an ignorant one and you cant fully understand why a woman let alone a lesbian would find it distasteful.
unfortunatelly your just another one of those people who thinks because you say you support lesbians you can laugh at their expense but of course the chance of you admiting this to yourself and appologising to us is quite remote.

As for one in the bunch just goes to show my point further that you have no real respect for a proud people.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Nah dont try turn it back on me

Oh but no, it has always been on you. You’re the one with the great big chip on their shoulder who thinks playing the victim at others expense is the answer to all that ill’s them.

firstly your a guy. of course that in its self isnt the issue.

Then why, pray tell, did you bring it up? Agenda maybe?

but you are an ignorant one and you cant fully understand why a woman let alone a lesbian would find it distasteful.

So let me get this right, You are offended that a people from a place called Lesbos who call themselves Lesbians, and have probably ever since Lesbos was a place, are offended that women who have sex with other women are using the same term to describe themselves but have only done so since about 1925? The island was said to be named after its so called patron god named Lesbos. That is a very large time span in which the meaning of the word lesbian was used in the naming of a people of a place and not that of a sexual orientation.

unfortunatelly your just another one of those people who thinks because you say you support lesbians you can laugh at their expense but of course the chance of you admiting this to yourself and appologising to us is quite remote.

I haven’t laughed at the expense of anyone. If you are in fact truly offended then by all means do I apologize to you but let it be known that the lesbian friends that I am acquainted with here where I live, that I have shown this to, assure me that this isn’t a problem to them or anyone they know. I think I’ll be able to sleep quite fine tonight. I hope you will find peace and relinquish the chip you seem to have so bolted to your shoulders.

As for one in the bunch just goes to show my point further that you have no real respect for a proud people.

I have nothing but respect for my Sisters and Mothers which I love so dearly. You on the other hand seem to have a lot of hate that you need to get help with.

Peace............

rojse

RF Addict

I put up the lesbos story because most people on here appreciate a laugh, even on a serious topic thread. I apologise if this is an issue which is of such a serious nature that you cannot appreciate a light-hearted joke done without malice.

In regards to the thread topic, it is of no concern to me what sort of sexual practices consenting adults participate in, regardless of the number or gender of the consenting adults involved.

aris

ok, the only union that the bible speaks about is man and woman. the bible talks about agains homosexuallity all kind.
the fact that is doeanot go into deatail doesnot mean is not against it. for example the bible does not say not to eat humans it say we should not kill but it does not say not to eat the meat .
do you think is ok to eat humans.
another thing is that tghe term lesbianism is a moderm tern that stared in the 80s
you are not gaoingto find it exacly in the bible.
now will you want god to find you in bed with a woman at his second coming.
you see make sure that you r seeking the answer that is truth not the onethat you will like
sorry i have not time to put it nicely

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

ok, the only union that the bible speaks about is man and woman.

I agree whether it be of multiple wives or concubines.

the bible talks about agains homosexuallity all kind.

Where is it?

the fact that is doeanot go into deatail doesnot mean is not against it.

The problem you will find is that it doesn’t discuss a woman with a woman anywhere. There would be no detail at all because there just isn’t any mention.

for example the bible does not say not to eat humans it say we should not kill but it does not say not to eat the meat .

First off it doesn’t say not to kill but rather not to murder. Secondly…………..

Deu 28:49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
Deu 28:50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
Deu 28:51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
Deu 28:52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Deu 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
Deu 28:54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
Deu 28:55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
Deu 28:56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
Deu 28:57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

2Ki 6:26 And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.
2Ki 6:27 And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?
2Ki 6:28 And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.
2Ki 6:29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.
2Ki 6:30 And it came to pass, when the king heard the words of the woman, that he rent his clothes; and he passed by upon the wall, and the people looked, and, behold, he had sackcloth within upon his flesh.

Lev 11:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
Lev 11:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
Lev 11:3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

I don’t see man eating man except it be for a curse and a punishment for disobedience. Further more when it comes to meat the Torah is plain and clear to red meat. I do not see any man that has parted hoofs and are clovenfooted and cheweth any cud. ;)

another thing is that tghe term lesbianism is a moderm tern that stared in the 80s

This I already now as well as others here and the only reason it was used was to give a name that most are familiar with.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Yahshua finding me in the bed with 4 or 5 women that like each other very, very, very much. ;)

you see make sure that you r seeking the answer that is truth not the onethat you will like

I make sure that I always seek truth and can honestly say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I love all of the words of my Father, Creator and Savior Yah my Elohim.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
ok, the only union that the bible speaks about is man and woman.
So what? The Bible doesn't mention opossums; does that make them prohibited?
the bible talks about agains homosexuallity all kind.
You're mistaken. Read it. It doesn't. It might help to read a little about translation. There is no Ancient Hebrew, Koine Greek or Aramaic word for homosexuality. It is clear that, if and insofar as even the OT refers to homosexuality, it is male only. Just read it.
the fact that is doeanot go into deatail doesnot mean is not against it.
It also doesn't mean that it is. You're just substituting your base prejudice for God's holy word.
for example the bible does not say not to eat humans it say we should not kill but it does not say not to eat the meat .
Let me get this. You're trying to equate two people who love each other, living together, and pledging their lifelong commitment, to cannibalism? How did you get your values so screwed up?
Not the 80's, but yes, a relatively modern term. And exactly--it's not in the Bible.
Definitely, assuming there is such a thing. There's no place I'd rather be found.
Same to you. If you don't have the time to make your posts comprehensible, maybe you should wait until you do. It's simple consideration for your readers.

Is English your native language? Because if not, I don't want to give you a hard time about how hard your posts are to understand. Maybe you need to work on your keyboard skills. Or at least take a moment to read it over, if you expect others to.

Inky

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Note that the verse isn't specifically addressed to men. The only conclusion is that no one who sleeps with ladies should sleep with dudes in the same way. So really it's a warning for bisexuals. :D

As far as the New Testament passage, there are many things explicitly prohibited in the New Testament that are accepted by modern Christianity, such as divorce*, women teaching mixed-gender classrooms, and praying aloud in public. So if a concrete "don't do this" can be worked around through interpretation, a simple "some people in one city did this and it was bad" shouldn't count for much.

*I always find it funny that evangelical churches will easily forgive a pastor for being married to a fourth or fifth wife, but not a single lifelong same-sex spouse.

Big_TJ

Could the answer to this be the underlined part of verse 27

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1:26 For this reason God R48 gave them over to degrading R49 passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, F18 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1:27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men R50 with men committing indecent F19 acts and receiving in their F20 own persons the due penalty of their error. [/FONT]

If in verse 26 this is talking of women doing animals only then it wouldnt be "in the same way also" of men with men committing indecent acts

I dont know just throwing that out there

This is EXACTLY the problem I have with bible-pushers! They draw conclusions about what the bible says ("the bible probihits lesbianism") then they are all over the place trying to find scriptural proof! One would have thought that someone with even a half a brain would know that you look at the evidence FIRST then draw conclusions based on the evidence.

This is not an attack on you personally, but i noticed this trend with a lot of persons discussing the bible.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

This is EXACTLY the problem I have with bible-pushers! They draw conclusions about what the bible says ("the bible probihits lesbianism") then they are all over the place trying to find scriptural proof! One would have thought that someone with even a half a brain would know that you look at the evidence FIRST then draw conclusions based on the evidence.

This is not an attack on you personally, but i noticed this trend with a lot of persons discussing the bible.

I have the same problem with those of whom you speak of but as far as for brother AK4 I have to say this is why he ended his post with "I don't know just throwing that out there." as his whole post was more of a question than a statement. I agree with you as a whole though and do understand. People do so tend to read into things that are quite simply not there only to uphold whatever agenda they either have of their own or that of their preacher, pastor, mommy, daddy, grandmother or any of the various individuals with the alphabetical Soup endings to their names. :)

AK4

I have the same problem with those of whom you speak of but as far as for brother AK4 I have to say this is why he ended his post with "I don't know just throwing that out there." as his whole post was more of a question than a statement. I agree with you as a whole though and do understand. People do so tend to read into things that are quite simply not there only to uphold whatever agenda they either have of their own or that of their preacher, pastor, mommy, daddy, grandmother or any of the various individuals with the alphabetical Soup endings to their names. :)

Thank you. You hit the nail right on the head.

AK4

As for your post--im not a bible (translation) pusher, call me more of a scripture pusher.

As for lesbianism, i care not what someone lets the pulls of flesh do to them (whether lesbianism is a sin or not). So to further "push" more of the Word of God this is how i am commanded to feel--

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And just for laughs---this verse only says "he" and "him", so this doesnt apply to women right? :cool:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

And just for laughs---this verse only says "he" and "him", so this doesnt apply to women right? :cool:

Actually, your right. A woman is the responsibility of her head (a man) whether it be her father or her husband. If she has neither then Yahshua himself is her head. Bad enough a woman would put shame on a man but to do so to Yahshua, well, I wouldn’t want that on my conscience when the time came.

Big_TJ

As for your post--im not a bible (translation) pusher, call me more of a scripture pusher.

As for lesbianism, i care not what someone lets the pulls of flesh do to them (whether lesbianism is a sin or not). So to further "push" more of the Word of God this is how i am commanded to feel--

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Don't get me wrong . . notice I said "I am not attacking you. . . " I noticed that your posts are more responsible, so I was not referring to you as a 'bible-pusher." All I am saying is that I noticed that bible-pushers usually make up their minds about what the bible says, the they are all over the place (like chicken looking for their own heads) trying to find out where the bible says what they say the bible says (hey, that's a lot of "says").