• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Wrong. In fact, t-0 is exactly the singularity.

Good question. Technically, only t>0 actually exists in the BB model.
That is why the BBT is suspect to me, it can not answer that question. And where is the energy coming into existence after T=0 coming from?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Based on your questions, you don't.
I didn't say I accept it as being true, only that I understand that you believe that existence is only inside of the 'golf ball' sized universe, not before it came into existence, nor outside it, because there is no before and outside.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The BBT has flaws too, and so I keep an open mind. An eternal infinite SS universe makes sense to me whereas the BB expanding universe theory does not. The JWST may be the instrument that end the BBT, we will see.
A Flat Earth makes a lot of sense to many people too. The problem is that the evidence refutes that idea. Your Steady State universe was refuted many years ago and it keeps getting worse. By the way, when new discoveries arose in evolution the first reaction of creationists was always "At last, this new science will refute evolution". It never did. You sound just like the Flat Earthers and the creationists. Get over your personal prejudices and start to look at the evidence.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Once again, it is a theoretical view supported by the evidence, which is precisely what is required in science.

Your view makes no new predictions, proposes no tests, and when interpreted in the most obvious way is contradicted by observations. And that is precisely why it is dismissed by science.
Science is ongoing, we live in a period when science says BBT explains existence, but there are some scientists, though admittedly relatively few who say a SSU explains existence. We shall see how the future unfolds.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, and this is why you should pay attention to people. Once again Polymath explained this to you the "size of a golf ball" would only have been the universes that we know of. The universe appears to be much larger than what we can see. Even at those extremely small distances anything further away than that golf ball sized diameter would have been two far away to affect us. The start of the Big Bang was an incredibly rapid expansion of space itself.
Based on my understanding of Polymath, you do not understand what Polymath is saying. I understand him to be implying there were no edges, no outside, the only reality is inside the golf ball.

But you are saying that "anything further away than that golf ball sized diameter would have been two far away to affect us". What is it that you say is two (sic) far away to affect us, and what form does it take?

So where did this expanding space come from?

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe the nature of our physical existence beyond our universe, and before our universe is simply Quantum existence without the macro scale continuous time/space universe.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
A Flat Earth makes a lot of sense to many people too. The problem is that the evidence refutes that idea. Your Steady State universe was refuted many years ago and it keeps getting worse. By the way, when new discoveries arose in evolution the first reaction of creationists was always "At last, this new science will refute evolution". It never did. You sound just like the Flat Earthers and the creationists. Get over your personal prejudices and start to look at the evidence.
I don't believe science based on what the sheeple believe, but on reality. The BBT is flawed, the SSU is a work in progress, and no doubt it has flaws too.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well then it is a good thing that I am not the one that is saying this. But it has been measured using two different independent methods and the answer is essentially zero.

The question is why does that number bother you?
It is two silly to waste time on, but then you are not me.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Seriously? Quantum mechanics is perhaps the most verified theory of physics ever devised. It is used to describe atoms, binding in molecules, how solids act, how light is emitted, the details of the atomic nucleus, the different known subatomic particles, etc. The list goes on and on.

Do you really need me to give a history?

Here's a bit about quantum field theories:

If verifiable quotes are needed to back up assertions, please do not give links to a long subject, just give a couple of sentences showing (not proving, of course) what you say is true, ok?