• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's TALK about Paul...

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Whether Paul was a Roman citizen is debated. He never mentions it, it's only mentioned in Acts. So even if he was a Roman citizen, according to him, he never used it to his advantage, and in fact allowed himself to be treated as a non-Roman.
I don't understand why would anybody want to show off with just using his legal right , but ok.

The idea of Pharisaic lineage also makes little sense. He was a Pharisee, he was taught in that school of thought.
Yes , but they are aware of their geneology and their teachings.

Acts quotes Paul referring to his family by saying he was 'a Pharisee, born of Pharisees'.
Paul's nephew, his sister's son, is mentioned in Acts 23:16.
In Romans 16:7, he states that his relatives, Andronicus and Junia, were Christians before he was and were prominent among the Apostles.

Paul was known to have persecuted Christians.

Your should read about persecution of Christians in antiquity.

Paul also never converts, as there was nothing to convert to. Paul remained a Jew.
Being Jew means that you are born to a Jewish mother.
You can be a Jew and a Christian at the same time.
Christian does not mean to be born to a Christian mother.

The resurrection was not radical. It was actually part of Jewish thought of that time, and was seen in the idea of a general resurrection. Paul specifically talks about this idea.
No , this is just not it.
That taught was radical and was to be preached by certain group of Jews who started to call themselfs Christians also.
That is why it spread so fast.

Radical is relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something.

Paul did not face growing isolation. He was welcomed into many communities, and that's why we have letters to these communities.
No , most of his life he was persecuted and had to hide for his life.Like for example , in Macedonia.

More so, 2 Timothy wasn't written by Paul, but has long been seen as a forgery in his name.
Paul had many companions , this statement alone does not say it was a forgery.

Pliny the Younger is writing in a different environment. He's writing at a time in which the Jewish Temple has been destroyed, and Christianity has split from Judaism. So there is no real comparison here.
Pliny tbe Younger was born probably in events where Paul was persecuted.
Paul died in Rome.

There was centralized leadership with the early movement that Paul was part of.
No , Paul was literally questioned by everybody , even from his own.

That centralization was in Jerusalem, with James, the brother of Jesus, and the disciples, John and Peter. Paul tells us this very clearly, and also tells us that he went to James to get his message approved.
Yeah and this is what we do today.
Decisions are made within unity , not by individuals alone.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
"When they saw the boldness of Peter and John, knowing that they were uneducated and uneducated men, they were astonished; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus" is an excerpt from the Bible, Acts 4:13

Paul himself was also deficient in grammar.
So you are saying that fisherman can not perceive knowledge?
Uneducated does not say anything.
You can change that by learning and change it to educated enough.

Last edited:

wellwisher

I like Paul because he rationalized the Christian doctrine beyond the emotional thinking approach of feeling and memorizing creed. This is why only Paul was able to address the Roman Senate, before being killed; most rational. People were trying to be more like Jesus; empathy, but did not think outside the box of sentiment, with reason so they could understand the implications for the future; promise of the Spirit.

The Love Generation of the 1960-70's was driven by sentiment. It sort of hung around for decades, based on the sentiments of the next generation. But is was not intellectualized to make it stick. Applied thinking allows it to become real beyond the playing.

Emotional thinkers can be easily manipulated by blowing rainbows up their skirts; DNC and Kamala Harris. Whereas a more rational approach offers a means for intellectual protection from the con artists and false prophets.

Paul does a good job talking about law and sin, where sin is not imputed where there is no law. Law creates sin and not the other way around. as an example, in the USA, some States allow sports betting and other State do not. It is only a sin where there is a law. In the states without any law against sports betting, there is no sin, no fear or no damnation and no punishment. The law brings out the nasty. It is not coincidence that the DNC, which makes the most laws, is also the most corrupt; more laws means more sins and more corruption.

The Alcohol Prohibition; law creating sin, created the monster called the mafia which took sin to the next level. Why does law create sin and evil? Law teaches about a new "evil", that most people would not otherwise ponder. But a law goes in effect, you better learn what not to do avoid punishment. The State will be given a faux higher moral ground to do evil for your punishment.

Jesus spoke of forgiveness of sins, which essentially did away with law and sin. What good is a law with no punishment but only forgiveness? It become more of a guideline, but not a law. Fewer laws results in fewer sins, due to less awareness of sin. A flexible guideline that is not a sin, but is there like a guardrail to protect, and add safety without sin and punishment.

The emotional thinking may not be able to grasp this, but thinks sin is thing, that come before the law and needs law to fix things. When alcohol prohibition ended, sin decreased and the mafia moved on to where there were others laws, where it could benefit from laws and sins, like drugs, guns and prostitutes, etc. The

The emotional thinkers prefer to memorize and repeat, but by making more or new and improved laws and rules, one is not free from sin, but become the children of a different bondwoman; slaves to new laws and new sins.

Romans 10: 1-4 KJV

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Betho_br

I like Paul because he rationalized the Christian doctrine beyond the emotional thinking approach of feeling and memorizing creed. This is why only Paul was able to address the Roman Senate, before being killed; most rational. People were trying to be more like Jesus; empathy, but did not think outside the box of sentiment, with reason so they could understand the implications for the future; promise of the Spirit.

The Love Generation of the 1960-70's was driven by sentiment. It sort of hung around for decades, based on the sentiments of the next generation. But is was not intellectualized to make it stick. Applied thinking allows it to become real beyond the playing.

Emotional thinkers can be easily manipulated by blowing rainbows up their skirts; DNC and Kamala Harris. Whereas a more rational approach offers a means for intellectual protection from the con artists and false prophets.

Paul does a good job talking about law and sin, where sin is not imputed where there is no law. Law creates sin and not the other way around. as an example, in the USA, some States allow sports betting and other State do not. It is only a sin where there is a law. In the states without any law against sports betting, there is no sin, no fear or no damnation and no punishment. The law brings out the nasty. It is not coincidence that the DNC, which makes the most laws, is also the most corrupt; more laws means more sins and more corruption.

The Alcohol Prohibition; law creating sin, created the monster called the mafia which took sin to the next level. Why does law create sin and evil? Law teaches about a new "evil", that most people would not otherwise ponder. But a law goes in effect, you better learn what not to do avoid punishment. The State will be given a faux higher moral ground to do evil for your punishment.

Jesus spoke of forgiveness of sins, which essentially did away with law and sin. What good is a law with no punishment but only forgiveness? It become more of a guideline, but not a law. Fewer laws results in fewer sins, due to less awareness of sin. A flexible guideline that is not a sin, but is there like a guardrail to protect, and add safety without sin and punishment.

The emotional thinking may not be able to grasp this, but thinks sin is thing, that come before the law and needs law to fix things. When alcohol prohibition ended, sin decreased and the mafia moved on to where there were others laws, where it could benefit from laws and sins, like drugs, guns and prostitutes, etc. The

The emotional thinkers prefer to memorize and repeat, but by making more or new and improved laws and rules, one is not free from sin, but become the children of a different bondwoman; slaves to new laws and new sins.

1) Paul's words cannot be above the words of Jesus. The theology of Jesus is superior to any other theology.

Jesus pointed out that keeping the law is a source of eternal life.

Matthew 19:16-17 KJV

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

This does not mean the circumcision of Gentiles living outside of Judea.

2) Regarding the rationality of Christian worship, you are correct about Paul.

Berserk

Just to correct you if you don't mind, archeology is not irrelevant as you say it is.
It has shown a lot about names and areas.

But the rest is as you have described it
Of oourse. I'm just saying achaeology is irrelevant to the question of the original Greek manuscripts; that subject is reserved for Text Critics.

Berserk

To clarify, one of my Harvard New Testament professors was present at the original discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
He was later put in charge of editing them and their fragments, including many copies of Hebrew biblical texts.
In that respect, he was part of an archaeological team. But the task of determining the extent to which these Hebrew texts contained original readings of the biblical books in question is the task of Text Crtics.

btw, he told us that Arabs present took off with some of the scrolls, which were never seen again!!

Last edited:
Substantiate your arguments.
I used Paul's own letters in order to inform my arguments. What isn't found in Paul's letters is just standard historical arguments. I figure as I provided just as much citation as you did, it was quite fair. I'd be happy to go over any specific point though.

I don't understand why would anybody want to show off with just using his legal right , but ok.

Well, if we believe Acts, he does just that. It's only in Acts that he mentions that he's a Roman citizen, and that is to escape a more severe punishment.Yet, in his own letters, which often stand in contrast to Acts, he never mentions being a Roman citizen, even when he brags about himself, or speaks of his background. He also allows himself to be treated as a non-citizen in the punishments that he talks about having undergone.

Since he doesn't speak of it himself, there is more than enough reason to doubt he was a Roman citizen. Or at the very least, it meant nothing to him.

Yes , but they are aware of their geneology and their teachings.

Acts quotes Paul referring to his family by saying he was 'a Pharisee, born of Pharisees'.
Paul's nephew, his sister's son, is mentioned in Acts 23:16.
In Romans 16:7, he states that his relatives, Andronicus and Junia, were Christians before he was and were prominent among the Apostles.

Paul was known to have persecuted Christians.

Your should read about persecution of Christians in antiquity.
The Pharisaic view of Judaism wasn't super historic. By the time of Paul, only a few generations of Pharisees had existed before him. And we have no idea if his forefathers adopted the idea from the beginning. As far as we know, his parents were Pharisees, and that's it. What mattered in his genealogy was that he was Jewish. That is what he stressed time and time again.

Romans 16:7 says they are Jews. They are Jews who accepted Christ. The Jesus movement, at that time, was still a Jewish sect. Christianity wouldn't emerge until later on.

And yes, Paul persecuted followers of Christ, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything here. Or what Christian persecution, which is after Paul died, has anything to do with the discussion.

[QUOTE}
Christian does not mean to be born to a Christian mother.[/QUOTE]

Being Jewish, in the sense Paul speaks of it, as in being a Pharisee, is more than being born to a Jewish mother. Paul was religiously a Jew and never states that he was ever anything besides that. Yes, he becomes part of the Jesus movement, which was comprised of Jews. Christianity doesn't become a religion apart from Judaism until the end of the second century.

No , this is just not it.
That taught was radical and was to be preached by certain group of Jews who started to call themselfs Christians also.
That is why it spread so fast.

Radical is relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something.
The idea of the general resurrection is in fact part of Judaism at that time. It's what he is talking about.

No , most of his life he was persecuted and had to hide for his life.Like for example , in Macedonia.
Yes, Paul speaks of being "persecuted" a bit. But who is he talking to about this? Other people of the faith. He's not isolated, he has a whole group of people he's in contact with all of the time, that he visits with, that he travels with. To say he's isolated ignores the very fact that the only reason we know about him is because he's engaged in a community.

Paul had many companions , this statement alone does not say it was a forgery.
Paul having companions in no way argues that it's not a forgery. Him having companions does in fact show he wasn't isolated though.

Virtually all Bible scholars accept that 2 Timothy, or the whole of the Pastorals, was forged, or not written by Paul.

Pliny tbe Younger was born probably in events where Paul was persecuted.
Paul died in Rome.
We don't know where Paul dies. We have later traditions, and that's it.

And regardless of where Pliny was born, he was still writing in a very different environment. He was writing post Temple.

No , Paul was literally questioned by everybody , even from his own.
That Paul was being questioned doesn't mean there wasn't a centralized leadership. That isn't a rebuttal at all. Paul though does tell us of this leadership, which was James, Peter, and John.

Yeah and this is what we do today.
Decisions are made within unity , not by individuals alone.
I don't get this, because you just said no, there was no centralized leadership, and now you're saying yeah, of course there is on. I don't know how to respond to that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Paul was most definitely not a fake apostle. On the contrary, he was probably the greatest apostle, having written most of the New Testament and having spread the gospel and formed churches in the Mediterranean region.
Except he contradicts Jesus multiple times, contradicts Jehovah himself and Jesus warned of those who would come after him.

Berserk

Paul beautifully continues the spirit of Jesus by teaching that if you must be competitive, bv competitive by outdoing pagan biblical illiterates on this site by showing respect, without which pretense of love are phony:

9Let love be authentic;... outdo one another in showing respect. ..Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are. . .18If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. .”

Betho_br

Paul beautifully continues the spirit of Jesus by teaching that if you must be competitive, bv competitive by outdoing pagan biblical illiterates on this site by showing respect, without which pretense of love are phony:

9Let love be authentic;... outdo one another in showing respect. ..Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are. . .18If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. .”
Galatians 2:6
And those who seemed to be influential, even if they were in the past, that makes no difference to me, because God does not judge according to human appearances. These, which seemed to be very important, added nothing to me.

Paul disdained those who were influential in CHRIST, possibly the true apostles.

Berserk

Galatians 2:6
And those who seemed to be influential, even if they were in the past, that makes no difference to me, because God does not judge according to human appearances. These, which seemed to be very important, added nothing to me.

Paul disdained those who were influential in CHRIST, possibly the true apostles.
Paul is simply justifying his status as a true apostle who is the equal of Jesus' disciples, Peter and John, because he too has experienced a life-changing appearance of the risen Lord in which Jesus authorizes him to convert the Gentiles. And Paul can point to the support of the Jerusalem apostles for his Gentile mission.

Betho_br

Paul is simply justifying his status as a true apostle who is the equal of Jesus' disciples, Peter and John, because he too has experienced a life-changing appearance of the risen Lord in which Jesus authorizes him to convert the Gentiles. And Paul can point to the support of the Jerusalem apostles for his Gentile mission.
In the context of the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Pauline theology is highly regarded, and I acknowledge its significant contribution in guiding Christian communities, such as the church in Corinth. However, it is noteworthy that the Catholic Church firmly maintains that Peter was the first pope, which points to the possibility that the theology associated with him holds a position of greater primacy. This dynamic suggests a theological hierarchy where Paul's contributions, though essential, might be considered secondary in relation to the Petrine leadership within ecclesiastical tradition.

Berserk

In the context of the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Pauline theology is highly regarded, and I acknowledge its significant contribution in guiding Christian communities, such as the church in Corinth. However, it is noteworthy that the Catholic Church firmly maintains that Peter was the first pope, which points to the possibility that the theology associated with him holds a position of greater primacy. This dynamic suggests a theological hierarchy where Paul's contributions, though essential, might be considered secondary in relation to the Petrine leadership within ecclesiastical tradition.
I was a theology professor at a Catholic university for 12 years and i can assure you that Catholic scholors view Paul as equaly important as Peter, though Peter, through apostolic succession, is foundational.

There are at least 3 probl;ems with the claijm that Peter is the first Pope:
(1) in the earliest list of Roman bishops Linus is listed first, not Peter.
(2) Actually there were no popes until Leo the Great centurues later.
(3) The church of Rome was established around 48 AD long before Peter's arrival in the early 60s AD (See Acts 18:1-2).
Priscilla and Aquila were missionaries to Rome around the time of the founding of the Church of Rome.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Well, if we believe Acts, he does just that. It's only in Acts that he mentions that he's a Roman citizen, and that is to escape a more severe punishment.
Paul did not write Acts.
Luke wrote the book of Acts , which is not a book in the first place , but collection of letters.
It is written in that way.

Yet, in his own letters, which often stand in contrast to Acts, he never mentions being a Roman citizen, even when he brags about himself, or speaks of his background. He also allows himself to be treated as a non-citizen in the punishments that he talks about having undergone.
You can't just jump to such conclusions.
First and most important , nobody would do that , 'I am A Roman citizen and i used that right'.

Would you if you were in that situation?

Since he doesn't speak of it himself, there is more than enough reason to doubt he was a Roman citizen.
Nono , these are basic mistakes.

We see clearly that he did not wrote Acts.

Or at the very least, it meant nothing to him.
Well yes , he never mentiones that as every normal person would do.

The Pharisaic view of Judaism wasn't super historic.By the time of Paul, only a few generations of Pharisees had existed before him.
From mid 2nd century BCE to 70 AD.
That's like 6 generations.
And Luke reports about that in Acts.

And we have no idea if his forefathers adopted the idea from the beginning.
Yes we have , you assumed that Paul wrote Acts , and everything you said goes in deep water.

As far as we know, his parents were Pharisees, and that's it.
You got that right

What mattered in his genealogy was that he was Jewish. That is what he stressed time and time again.
Ok , he was Jewish.
Where did you get the 'stressed'?

Romans 16:7 says they are Jews. They are Jews who accepted Christ. The Jesus movement, at that time, was still a Jewish sect. Christianity wouldn't emerge until later on.
Acts says otherways , the first time the word "Christians" was used by the People in Antioch
Acts is prior to Romans.
It is more clear that you should start this again from the begining.

And yes, Paul persecuted followers of Christ, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything here.
It has , because he changed and stopped punishing people because of their belief.

Or what Christian persecution, which is after Paul died, has anything to do with the discussion.
After the Great Fire yes , and days after that , not years.

[QUOTE}
Christian does not mean to be born to a Christian mother.

Being Jewish, in the sense Paul speaks of it, as in being a Pharisee, is more than being born to a Jewish mother.
Yes , because he is explaining what he dis when he was persecuting them as a Pharasiee.

Paul was religiously a Jew and never states that he was ever anything besides that.
He does not have to say it , he has to show it.

Yes, he becomes part of the Jesus movement, which was comprised of Jews. Christianity doesn't become a religion apart from Judaism until the end of the second century.
Christianity is not a religion , it is a belief in one man who claimed to be God.

And what is with this 'Part'?
Paul is the greatest missionery in Christianity.He was not part of that movement , he ministered himself in that cause.

The idea of the general resurrection is in fact part of Judaism at that time. It's what he is talking about.
Neither Jews ,neither Scholars agree on this.They considered them apostates from the minute they worshiped Jesus.

Yes, Paul speaks of being "persecuted" a bit. But who is he talking to about this?
Other people of the faith. He's not isolated, he has a whole group of people he's in contact with all of the time, that he visits with, that he travels with. To say he's isolated ignores the very fact that the only reason we know about him is because he's engaged in a community.
It seems to me that this is just above your head.That's what i notice from your answers.

You don't understand the line of evidence , and not to talk about narrative and Textual Criticism.

Maybe you should read Galatians again.

Paul having companions in no way argues that it's not a forgery. Him having companions does in fact show he wasn't isolated though.
This what you do is a forgery.
Have you studies all of the earliest evidence?

Virtually all Bible scholars accept that 2 Timothy, or the whole of the Pastorals, was forged, or not written by Paul.
20 scholars max which have been answered like trilion times that a bloody consensus does not solve anything and they will be stuck with that for their whole study.
The original Gospels which are lost or stealed or whatever were there before Paul' and Peter' death.
Otherwise it does not make any sense that nobody wrote nothing about their death.The death that could have culminated the ministry of the 2 Apostoles who had the most influence on the next generations.

We don't know where Paul dies. We have later traditions, and that's it.
Ask any scholar where did Paul died , or do you take on consensus only when it's neccessary?

It's the difference between sin and disobedience ... The difference between a spirit of truth and not adhering to an enacted law of the land. Sin isn't necessarily about the laws of the land, but more so about truth and our ability to differentiate truth from error as people and our willingness to do so. Laws are made to help keep order among men, and as you suggested laws are what make men disobedient, which is also counted as sin. Truth on the other hand, operates though a very different dynamic, one which we all fall short of in practice, and due to our natural state of ignorance. These are forgiven because no law has been broken. Those enacted to help maintain order aren't so forgiving, thus require a recompence or penalty. We're held accountable either way. With truth and ability to discern we grow in understanding, but to not adhere to a spirit of truth is like an acceptance to be willfully ignorant, which has its own consequence.

Paul is one of my favorite teachers. I've learned a great deal from reading his work.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
That Paul was being questioned doesn't mean there wasn't a centralized leadership. That isn't a rebuttal at all. Paul though does tell us of this leadership, which was James, Peter, and John.
Wrong.
Jesus was his leadership.

I don't get this, because you just said no, there was no centralized leadership, and now you're saying yeah, of course there is on. I don't know how to respond to that.
I understand that.
It is because you don't know much about traditional Christianity.

Paul did not write Acts.
Luke wrote the book of Acts , which is not a book in the first place , but collection of letters.
It is written in that way.

The author of Luke wrote Acts. This author, as they tell us at the beginning of their writing, is creating this text as part of a commission to someone, and they have gone out and found all the sources they could find. They never give us their name, and only later tradition names him Luke.

The book of Acts is not a collection of letters. No scholar supports that view. It is just the second part of the book of Luke.

You can't just jump to such conclusions.
First and most important , nobody would do that , 'I am A Roman citizen and i used that right'.

Would you if you were in that situation?
What I would do in a situation is irrelevant. And Paul does just that in Acts. He basically says, I'm a Roman citizen, I demand to be treated as such. Paul is portrayed as using a rhetorical question, can you legally flog a Roman citizen who isn't found to be guilty, to stop from being flogged.

I didn't jump to any conclusions. Acts and the Letters of Paul stand in contrast in quite a few instances. Paul contradicts what is written in Acts numerous times. This means they can't both be correct. Logic suggests that when it comes to Paul, we take his word as the primary source, not Acts. So if Paul doesn't mention something, and seems to contradict such a notion, we should take him more seriously.

Nono , these are basic mistakes.

We see clearly that he did not wrote Acts.
Not a basic mistake. Paul, as you admit here, didn't write Acts. Acts is our only source for Paul being a Roman citizen. So Paul, himself, never states he was a Roman citizen. Thus, there is no reason to think he was a Roman citizen.
Well yes , he never mentiones that as every normal person would do.
Here's the issue. You claim no normal person would simply claim they are a Roman citizen. Yet, in Acts, that is what Paul does. The entire argument for Paul being a Roman citizen is based on something you claim no normal person would do. So, by your logic, having Paul claim to be a Roman citizen, as happens in Acts, is not normal, and one would think we can dismiss that claim. Thus, Paul is not a Roman citizen.

From mid 2nd century BCE to 70 AD.
That's like 6 generations.
And Luke reports about that in Acts.
More like 4 or 5. Paul wasn't born or even lived in 70 A.D., so you can't count all of that time. Paul was born in the first half of the first century. More so, we don't know if Paul's grandparents were Pharisees. We are only told that his parents were. So yeah, not a massive amount of time.
Yes we have , you assumed that Paul wrote Acts , and everything you said goes in deep water.
I never assumed Paul wrote Acts. I in fact suggested otherwise by discounting Acts.
Ok , he was Jewish.
Where did you get the 'stressed'?
He talks about being Jewish quite frequently, and his pedigree. I would say that is stressing the fact that he is Jewish.
Acts says otherways , the first time the word "Christians" was used by the People in Antioch
Acts is prior to Romans.
It is more clear that you should start this again from the beginning.
Acts may be before Romans in the Bible, but Romans was written by Paul, probably in the 50s. Acts was written by the author of Luke at the end of the 1st Century, decades after Romans.
After the Great Fire yes , and days after that , not years.
The great fire is long after Paul. It has no bearing on this discussion.

Yes , because he is explaining what he dis when he was persecuting them as a Pharasiee.
He was persecuting them as a Jew. He then sided with them, as a Jew. In specific, as a Pharisaic Jew. He never denounces that.
He does not have to say it , he has to show it.
He continues claiming he's Jewish. And again, Christianity is part of Judaism and remains that way until long after Paul is dead.

Christianity is not a religion , it is a belief in one man who claimed to be God.

And what is with this 'Part'?
Paul is the greatest missionery in Christianity.He was not part of that movement , he ministered himself in that cause.
Christianity, by definition, is a religion. Paul was part of the Christ movement.

Neither Jews ,neither Scholars agree on this.They considered them apostates from the minute they worshiped Jesus.
No they didn't. There is no evidence for that. In fact, all mainline scholars disagree with your statement here. Michael L. White, From Jesus to Christainity argues the position I am. Fredrickson in From Jesus to Christ, argues the same position that I am. We have E.P. Sanders and his three book series on Jesus and Judiasm that agrees with this position. The position I'm taking is the standard, mainline position here.

It seems to me that this is just above your head.That's what i notice from your answers.

You don't understand the line of evidence , and not to talk about narrative and Textual Criticism.

Maybe you should read Galatians again.
This is an ad hominem. The position I'm taking is the standard position taught in mainline colleges and seminaries. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. You can certainly do better.

This what you do is a forgery.
Have you studies all of the earliest evidence?
The Pastoral Epistles, which are First and Second Timothy, and Titus, are almost universally recognized as forgeries. They were not written by Paul, but by someone claiming to be Paul. We know this because if we study these in comparison to the authentic letters of Paul, we notice some things that really stick out. First, the Pastoral Epistles disagree with the core texts of Paul. Second, the writing style does not appear to be of the writing style of Paul. They differ significantly. Three, the word choice and grammar differ from core Pauline Texts. Fourth, they appear to be talking about a later time in history, a time in which Paul was probably already dead. There is sound reason as to why most scholars discount these texts.

20 scholars max which have been answered like trilion times that a bloody consensus does not solve anything and they will be stuck with that for their whole study.
The original Gospels which are lost or stealed or whatever were there before Paul' and Peter' death.
Otherwise it does not make any sense that nobody wrote nothing about their death.The death that could have culminated the ministry of the 2 Apostoles who had the most influence on the next generations.
That the Pastoral Epistles are forgeries are taught in mainline colleges and seminaries. Every treatment of them by scholars for at least the past 100 years have discounted them. It's not 20 scholars, we are looking at all NT scholars. This is what has been taught for generations. A consensus doesn't solve anything, but it does suggest something. And when we break down those texts, as I did above, there is a reason why the consensus is this way.

The original Gospels don't appear until after 70 A.D. Paul and Peter are dead by then. And it makes sense that their deaths aren't mentioned because it wasn't part of the story being told. The Gospels end after the death of Jesus. Why would they then jump forward decades to say, oh yeah, Peter and Paul died too?

Ask any scholar where did Paul died , or do you take on consensus only when it's neccessary?
Most scholars would say we don't really know.

Wrong.
Jesus was his leadership.

I understand that.
It is because you don't know much about traditional Christianity.
Paul doesn't go to Jesus to get permission. He goes to James, who was the head of the movement after the death of Jesus. James was in a leadership position.

And I know a lot about traditional Christianity. You resorting to ad hominem doesn't change that fact.

Last edited: