• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP and RHP

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
the one tends to question, push and challange boundaries
the other tends to accept, elevate, revere and even enforce them (boundaries).

Last edited:

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
-the one generally embraces its demons-- makes friends with them so to speak-- finds value in their 'companionship' (comes to terms with them).
-the other avoids, castigates and shunns its demons-- sees them as wholly destructive. 'Casts them out'.

Last edited:

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Intuition.

Sensing.

Well the one insources and the other outsources. In general. Although 'conditioning' comes to mind and not so much sensing. That said, ones senses are one's link to the external world.

How about esoteric and exoteric? More inner and outer, also figurative and literal. One recognizing their own authority (to figure), the other recognizing some 'other' (or outside) authority to interpret, guide and decide.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
They're all applicable.

I said intuition and sensing in reference to Jung's personality types.

jasonwill2

In terms of the Westernized meaning, I like to think of LHP as focusing on the practitioner, where as in the RHP it focuses on either the collective or the god(s). However I think there is more to it, but I can't recall it right now, I'm really not in the zone at the moment >.<

I personally see them as two different ways to the same destination, although if asked to give a definition of the differences between them I would say I agree with Shyanekh's post above.

Depends, if you mean in the Eastern meaning, yes. In the western meaning? No.

Sadly I am not contributing much to Orias's desire to generate a stronger response because I am a Left Hander myself and I agree with what has been said above.

My perception however is that many who identify themselves as RHP, view the LHP very negatively and see it as a dangerous, corrupting influence, primarily associated with evil and selfishness.
Am I wrong?

Not in the case of Hinduism necessarily, where the term came from.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
My take is simple I think, people who become or convert to paganism spend alot of time and energy at removing labels that dictate any type of bias division among people. No boxes we tend to disprove them. This labeling of RHP/LHP is just another set of boxes that seems to befuddle me. I see no differences in the two, they are just labels to brandish people with. The RHPs seem to think or form opinions about LHPs that are no different from the opposite perception. I walk in both because it brings greater balance and too much of one thing is not a balance at all, we should try walking in the middle..

Twig pentagram

High Priest
My experiences have shown me that people are far left, far right, and
everything in between the two. Humans fall in all catergories, so it's
not always easy to pin point someones exact place.