• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal or Conservative? Who cares!

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
robtex said:
Making a footnote on agendas. Understand many things get accomplished in politics due to policitcal alliances. Many members in poliitical power realize that synergy on issues moves them in a direction that are intending to go but that off-shoot of that is that at times they have to promote ideas there party may be apathic to. Further complications arrive when lobbying groups, who wield voting power push for an agenda. In relation to the Tom Delay indicted thread one can see how important the protocol becomes when enforcing campaign contrabution laws because if lobby groups could, with free reign form and use money at will to push issues the balance of power would to some degree shift towards the lobby groups and away from the goverement.

Many small bills and ideas probably go but agendas are what create a rallying point for people within goverment and those who cheer on the sidelines in the form of lobbyists.
Hey Rob,

Yes, this is the area that I always thought that it belonged in. What I am talking about is the trickle down me-tooism that is so popular nowadays. Taking it into venues where it doesn't belong. Like targeting some joe dokes on the street and bringing it all down on his head. This is what I was talking about. If someone has strong political feelings, then take it to where it belongs, even to a forum like this, but leave other people alone with it who haven't done anything to warrant this kind of hassle.

turk179

I smell something....
I guess with the nature of this post it should have been put in the discussion section. I really appreciate everyone taking the time out to respond. All of your posts are very good and I am glad to here your points of view. I am labeled a liberal on a regular basis(which isn't a bad thing:D ) I do believe that some (not all) of the conservatives get a bad rap. There are a lot of conservatives that don't feel the need to shove their views down everyones throats. They will voice their opinions when asked and they have a right to their opinions just like anyone else.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Thank you Orion,

This thread was a very polite discussion on this matter. It is refreshing to hear an objective outlook on the subject because it is usually very contentious. It speaks well for the spirit of RF.

Flappycat

Oh, every time I defend basic welfare, some libertarian idiot pipes up and blasts me for attempting to push my "Marxist" views on everybody. Failing to fall completely into line with someone's views seems to lead them to the assumption that you're out to make all of their nightmares come true. Sheesh, people annoy me.

0rion said:
I am using this opportunity to vent a little and possibly do a little debating. I have noticed a recurring topic lately on the debates section. It seems that whenever someone has an opposing point of view, they are labeled a liberal or conservative, depending on the orientation of the original poster. And then later on are accused of trying to force their opinions on other members whether it be politically or religiously fueled. These accusations seem to come rather often lately and it seems like the actual act of debating is put on a side burner so that everyone can take turns claiming or insulting someones political or religious agenda.
labelling one a liberal or a conservative really isnt critical to any debate--its pointless actually and just takes the debate to an unnecessary (personal) level.