• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of community colleges, seminaries, and universities: online religious courses

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Hey ya'll,

I am looking for accredited community colleges, universities, and seminaries that have online course offerings in religion and especially New Testament. I'm googling that topic topday, but I'd love to know about all that I miss. I'd like to know what's out there... I am especially interested in institutions that offer a wide variety of courses - not just one or two.

Gracias.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A couple from my neck of the woods:

The Toronto School of Theology is affiliated with the University of Toronto and offers a number of online courses. I believe the school of theology incorporates teachings from a wide variety of religions and Christian denominations; Conrad Grebel College (Mennonite, affiliated with the University of Waterloo) is in some sort of arrangement with TST, for example.

Also, the religious colleges at the University of Waterloo offer a quite a few online courses through the University's Department of Distance and Continuing Education - choose "Religious Studies" for the subject when searching the course listings. In addition, there are a couple of courses that sound relevant to the Old Testament under "Jewish Studies".