• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of Jesus's mistakes, please.

questfortruth

danieldemol: "I could see myself patiently endeavoring to show Jesus how in my opinion, He was wrong."

Jesus Christ said: "love your enemy. Do not kill." This commandment has a very positive effect; it translates as: "execute your enemy only if no other means can be applied. And only if the state court has decided. Do not execute your enemy without the approval of the court. Try to avoid execution by any means necessary." This commandment has saved a tremendous amount of lives. So, this is not a mistake of Jesus.

The violation of this commandment is

and

It better suits "do not kill." This means that if the court convicts a criminal, he would have a better chance of surviving. The words "do not murder" does not concern court decisions and Police. To describe all spectrums of killings (execution by court and murdering by the mafia), Jesus has said, "do not kill." He tried to put religious limits on the state court actions as well.

Is there some researcher in Theology, who has concluded that Jesus from Nazareth was ill? Nobody is wrong/ill/stupid/criminal until proven that. And the spirit of Jesus was humble enough. He has not told "I am God" to each and everyone.
It is said: "I and the Father are one," and "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father."
Absolutely every saint says the same words because Bible says to saints "you are gods."

Look around, please. There are three elements: people, nature, love.
The hatred and war belongs to satan -- he is the god of falsehood.

Three elements. These elements have sources. Nature - God the Father, People - Man named Jesus Christ. Love - Holy Spirit. Three elements we see around --- and there are Three Persons in Heaven.

Last edited:

Ella S.

I think "do not kill" here is probably better described as "do not murder."

You can kill bugs and micro-organisms. You can even slaughter or hunt animals. The problem isn't killing but unlawful killing, which is more precisely called murder.

questfortruth

I think "do not kill" here is probably better described as "do not murder."
It better suits "do not kill." This means that if the court convicts a criminal, he would have a better chance of surviving. The words "do not murder" does not concern court decisions and Police. To describe all spectrums of killings (execution by court and murdering by the mafia), Jesus has said, "do not kill." He tried to put religious limits on the state court actions as well. Try to avoid execution by any means necessary.

Last edited:

Ella S.

It better suits "do not kill." This means that if the court convicts a criminal, he would have a better chance of surviving. The words "do not murder" does not concern court decisions and Police. To describe all spectrums of killings (execution by court and murdering by the mafia), Jesus has said, "do not kill." He tried to put religious limits on the state court actions as well. Try to avoid execution by any means necessary.

Your logic is superior. That is a strong case for your word choice.

danieldemol

Premium Member
danieldemol: "I could see myself patiently endeavoring to show Jesus how in my opinion, He was wrong."

Jesus Christ said: "love your enemy. Do not kill." This commandment has a very positive effect; it translates as: "execute your enemy only if no other means can be applied. And only if the state court has decided. Do not execute your enemy without the approval of the court. Try to avoid execution by any means necessary." This commandment has saved a tremendous amount of lives. So, this is not a mistake of Jesus.

The violation of this commandment is

and

It better suits "do not kill." This means that if the court convicts a criminal, he would have a better chance of surviving. The words "do not murder" does not concern court decisions and Police. To describe all spectrums of killings (execution by court and murdering by the mafia), Jesus has said, "do not kill." He tried to put religious limits on the state court actions as well.
Hi Questfortruth,

Just so you know if you put the "@" symbol before my name it will send me a notification so I know and can then respond to you.

I don't think Jesus was wrong to discourage murder if that's what you mean. I would tend to try to explain to him about delusions of grandeur, and why I believe this means He was most probably not any more the Son of God than you or I.

For your reference in case you didn't know about it, this is all about delusions of grandeur Grandiose delusions - Wikipedia.

In my opinion.

questfortruth

I don't think Jesus was wrong to discourage murder if that's what you mean. I would tend to try to explain to him about delusions of grandeur, and why I believe this means He was most probably not any more the Son of God than you or I.

For your reference in case you didn't know about it, this is all about delusions of grandeur Grandiose delusions - Wikipedia.
Is there some researcher in Theology, who has concluded that Jesus from Nazareth was ill? Nobody is wrong/ill/stupid/criminal until proven that. And the spirit of Jesus was humble enough. He has not told "I am God" to each and everyone.

questfortruth

Hi Questfortruth,

Just so you know if you put the "@" symbol before my name it will send me a notification so I know and can then respond to you.

In my opinion.
@danieldemol

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hi Questfortruth,

In my opinion.

Hi Daniel.

My understanding is that it is a title signifying closeness of relationship. More a spiritual title because in the Bible it says God is Spirit which absolutely debunks the concept of a physical son of god.

John 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

One with the Father means at one with not being the same person.

John 17:21

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Because Jesus was ‘in the disciples’ does not mean they became Jesus or the Father.

Mistakes in interpretation.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hi Questfortruth,

In my opinion.
Daniel: Hi Jesus, I've read what was written about you by people and it is hard to know if it is true or not but if it is true I think it was good that you preached against murder and that you wanted people to love each other but I have a problem with you being the Son of God and all the miracles and dying for our sins and think that either you were delusional or that people wrote the wrong things about you, imo.
Jesus: Hi Daniel, I can understand what you are saying and it is true that many lies have been told about me by people who should know better but what is written in the Bible is all true.
Daniel: Oh, imo.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
@danieldemol

You don't have to use "@" if you are already quoting somebody. Only if you are replying without a quote. Incidentally, you can use the "@" to have anyone advised of the post not just the person you are talking to.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Daniel: Hi Jesus, I've read what was written about you by people and it is hard to know if it is true or not but if it is true I think it was good that you preached against murder and that you wanted people to love each other but I have a problem with you being the Son of God and all the miracles and dying for our sins and think that either you were delusional or that people wrote the wrong things about you, imo.
Jesus: Hi Daniel, I can understand what you are saying and it is true that many lies have been told about me by people who should know better but what is written in the Bible is all true.
Daniel: Oh, imo.

Alien826 strolls over.

Jesus, I've often wondered why you cursed that fig tree. The poor thing hadn't done anything wrong and it wasn't even the season for figs. Seems a bit petty to me. Oh, and an abuse of power.

And, while I'm here something else. What do you think about all the horrible things that people have done in your name. Do you ever feel like going down there and doing some smiting? And how about settling all these disagreements. Are you really part of god or not? A simple yes or no would be helpful.

questfortruth

Do you ever feel like going down there and doing some smiting? And how about settling all these disagreements. Are you really part of god or not? A simple yes or no would be helpful.
He cannot go down, because it is needed to hide the God. Otherwise atheists will be angry and kill Christians.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

In my opinion.

In my opinion, assuming that a religious man named Yehoshua (Yeshua, Jesus) even existed in biblical times, then it's most likely that his followers embellished the stories about him, and more embellishment and folklore were later added to these stories to make him appear to be more than he actually was. It's possible that he was simply a well-liked religious teacher whose loyal followers spread false stories about him to make him appear godlike. I also think that it's likely that a few stories about him were copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other pagan religions as well, which predate both Christianity and the Bible. I think the stories about Jesus were greatly impacted by paganism, and as I explained in other posts (such as this one), paganism also greatly influenced Christianity.

The savior story of Jesus isn't the first of its kind, and in my opinion, it isn't any more believable than all the other savior stories that predate his, such as "10 Christ-Like Figures that Predate Jesus" and "Other Gods That Rose From the Dead in Spring Before Jesus Christ." In fact, these articles provide several more examples of pagan Christlike figures whose lives parallel Jesus', including being born of a virgin, experiencing the devil's temptation before beginning an earthly ministry, healing the sick miraculously, dying to atone for humanity, descending into the underworld after death, and being resurrected from the dead after three days. The stories of Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection are similar to those of Attis, the Phrygian-Greek god of vegetation (1250 BCE). According to the stories of Attis, he was divinely born of a virgin; he was hung on a tree and died; he descended into the underworld after his death; he was resurrected after three days; and he brought salvation with him upon his rebirth. The article "Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days" contains further stories about Attis and Jesus that share a few more similarities.

In my personal opinion, these other stories of Christlike figures demonstrate that some of the stories of Jesus were influenced a lot by paganism and that Christianity isn't unique in its beliefs, despite the claims by Christians that the Bible is divinely inspired by God and that Christianity is the only true religion in the world. Personally, I don't believe that Christianity is the only true religion in the world.

Last edited: