• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Logical miracles

El_Majusi

"God has not created any feature, in all the worlds, without a logical (/scientific) basis, a group of elements giving it secure existence."

This is my belief. This quotation means that every thing God has made has a scientific basis. Thus there are no miracles, to speak properly, because every thing has its explanation. To show it otherwise, there is no "floating in the air" fact, everything that exists has a basis which is linked to other things, and to other things's basis.

What do you think of that?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
"God has not created any feature, in all the worlds, without a logical (/scientific) basis, a group of elements giving it secure existence."

This is my belief. This quotation means that every thing God has made has a scientific basis. Thus there are no miracles, to speak properly, because every thing has its explanation. To show it otherwise, there is no "floating in the air" fact, everything that exists has a basis which is linked to other things, and to other things's basis.

Why is God necessary?

El_Majusi

I ask this question to religious people, so that I'd better understand their vision of the case. I already know what think Atheists (the same thing as I, but without God).

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

I think God works miracles thru ways that can be explained, but also through supernatural ways. Such as miracules healings and happenings.

Acim

Revelation all the time
there are no miracles, to speak properly, because every thing has its explanation. To show it otherwise, there is no "floating in the air" fact, everything that exists has a basis which is linked to other things, and to other things's basis.

The use of miracles as spectacles to induce belief is a misunderstanding of their purpose
- ACIM, Principle 10

otokage007

Miracle detected.

Jesus-Cat.jpg

Why is God necessary?

Pretty much my immediate thought as well.

Many individuals who attempt to make their religion compatable with science rather than opposed to it end up with a belief system which is redundent as an explanation for the natural world because it leaves very little or even nothing for the religion to explain that the science doesn't already explain on it's own.