• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Longevity Diet etc.

Lavender

I can recall reading about vitamin D3 helping with longer telemore lengths.

I'm not able to link yet, but from an article on this.

Telomeres are the "tails" of DNA that were formerly thought to be mistakes, just coding for nonsense. But more recent thinking has proposed that telomeres may provide a counting mechanism that shortens with aging and accelerates with stress and illness. This study suggests that both vitamin D and inflammation (CRP) impact telomere length: the lower the vitamin D, the shorter the telomere length, particularly when inflammation is greater.

asketikos

renouncing this world
Because life is beautiful. there are so many people to meet, so many landscapes to explore, so many women to talk to.
as for life expectancy. this even varies from region to region. for example, my original nation has one of the highest life expectancies in the world, while other regions such as in Africa have some of the lowest, with decades of differences between the longevity of people.
also. through the improvement of medicine in the previous century, the life expectancy of the general public in the developed world has jumped the normal scale. so it is all relative and related to the environment.

I agree life is beautiful, the world is beautiful, and people and plants, and animals, and lakes and rivers are beautiful. But I don't see the point of actively pursuing to live longer, by the time you're 120 you're pretty much exhausted and sleeping all the time, you can't run through the fields, or jump into a clear lake, or even prepare your own food for that matter.

Your days are spent being tired and having memories of long-passed days. It seems like you're trying to hold onto life that doesn't need you and want you anymore.

Life has an expectancy for all beings, new life needs to enter the world and live and experience and then die -- that seems beutiful to me.

Death is also beautiful, and should be embraced, not chased away.

If you believe in afterlife, why live longer?
If you don't believe in afterlife, why live longer?

If you live longer you are gonna experience more suffering. That is pretty much a fact.
I am more interested in a diet that can improve my life experience , rather than improving my life expectancy.

I agree here. It's more about enjoying your present life, your youth, your health, and being healthy now, then trying to live an extra 10 or 20 years when you're old and rather immovable.

Because however hard you try you aren't the same when you're 80 or 90 as you are when you're 18 or 20.

One should also seriusly think about the problems it will cause population-wise; if we have 200 year olds all over the place, that causes major stresses on economy and food production and housing.

I think we all have our destined experiation date, no matter how hard we try to live forever.

iholdit

I agree life is beautiful, the world is beautiful, and people and plants, and animals, and lakes and rivers are beautiful. But I don't see the point of actively pursuing to live longer, by the time you're 120 you're pretty much exhausted and sleeping all the time, you can't run through the fields, or jump into a clear lake, or even prepare your own food for that matter.

Your days are spent being tired and having memories of long-passed days. It seems like you're trying to hold onto life that doesn't need you and want you anymore.

Life has an expectancy for all beings, new life needs to enter the world and live and experience and then die -- that seems beutiful to me.

Death is also beautiful, and should be embraced, not chased away.

I agree here. It's more about enjoying your present life, your youth, your health, and being healthy now, then trying to live an extra 10 or 20 years when you're old and rather immovable.

Because however hard you try you aren't the same when you're 80 or 90 as you are when you're 18 or 20.

One should also seriusly think about the problems it will cause population-wise; if we have 200 year olds all over the place, that causes major stresses on economy and food production and housing.

I think we all have our destined experiation date, no matter how hard we try to live forever.

If we achieve 120 years to 200 years on a cron diet and the studies in mice apply to humans then an 80 year old would be like 30 year old and a 120 year old would be like 40 year old and a 200 year old would be like a 50-60 year old. As i mentioned earlier the mice are very active at the equivalent of 120 years in humans and are still pretty active at the equivalent of 160 human years and most of them are in very good health.

I also went into how population would stabilize and world hunger would be reduced on a cron diet. Based on the mice studies we know mice on a cron diet go through puberty later and menopause earlier. If this applies to humans there would be no teenage pregnancy and people would have less children in general due to a shorter timespan they can have children. Because calories would be reduced there will also be more food to feed more people.