• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

looking back

sapphire

looking back on my life just a bit.. my mom didn't tell me she was a witch at first? at night before going to bed, i would glance at the stars and moon, i always felt a connection with the moon, an inner calling but what? my dad took me to the park, to run around on the grass, with my pet poodel.. once the day was threw, i still had energy that i asorbed, both from the earth and sun, i felt so connected with the surrounding natural elements, still yet not knowing what all of this ment to me, except feeling different? when i closed my eyes at night to rest, i didn't know what astral projection was, there were no guide books, no elders, to guide me threw my spritual jounies? my dreams were visions..permonitions of events, before they happened? when times i'm feeling upset at something/someone, how my inner emotions can effect weather? by now, the writings in my notebook, became my own book of shadows. each day and night, i became connected with the elements, and the moon's light, conjuring them at will. in the kitchen i would be, mixing and bleending herbs together, not mesuring what i was doing.. but rather the idea came to me naturually, as my mom sat in the distance, watching my progress. friends invited me to their church, the preacher made announcement, he made it very clear that, visitors who believed in the supernatural or worshiping more than one deity, then it wasn't the right church for me? i could not feel more isolated from the world, and so i got up from my seat, and left. that night i cried, as the full moon light, shined from my outside bedroom window.. the light of the goddess had touched my heart, as i listened to her calling. she set me on my spritual path, and it feels right for me.
*shared thoughts*:)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
awwwww :hug:

thats amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

i don't really have much to tell in the way of affecting changes in the weather, or visions etc, but i have always been "in tune" with the energies around me.......

which face of the moon do you like best? i love full moon, it's powerful to me, but a black moon (fully hidden) i find to be powerful in a different sense, more primal........ hmmmm, i also love the moon :D

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Sapphire. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Great introduction!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Victor said:
/w GeO_hAtEs_NeWbS

I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand. It doesn't sound like something that you would normally write, which is why I ask. :)

If I may ask, Sapphire, was your mom a witch? (Or rather, was she aware that she was?) Many people on the pagan path make the choice to not tell their children about their own spirituality because they feel that doing so might influence a decision better left to the child. Was that what it was, perhaps?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
sapphire said:
looking back on my life just a bit.. my mom didn't tell me she was a witch at first? at night before going to bed, i would glance at the stars and moon, i always felt a connection with the moon, an inner calling but what? my dad took me to the park, to run around on the grass, with my pet poodel.. once the day was threw, i still had energy that i asorbed, both from the earth and sun, i felt so connected with the surrounding natural elements, still yet not knowing what all of this ment to me, except feeling different? when i closed my eyes at night to rest, i didn't know what astral projection was, there were no guide books, no elders, to guide me threw my spritual jounies? my dreams were visions..permonitions of events, before they happened? when times i'm feeling upset at something/someone, how my inner emotions can effect weather? by now, the writings in my notebook, became my own book of shadows. each day and night, i became connected with the elements, and the moon's light, conjuring them at will. in the kitchen i would be, mixing and bleending herbs together, not mesuring what i was doing.. but rather the idea came to me naturually, as my mom sat in the distance, watching my progress. friends invited me to their church, the preacher made announcement, he made it very clear that, visitors who believed in the supernatural or worshiping more than one deity, then it wasn't the right church for me? i could not feel more isolated from the world, and so i got up from my seat, and left. that night i cried, as the full moon light, shined from my outside bedroom window.. the light of the goddess had touched my heart, as i listened to her calling. she set me on my spritual path, and it feels right for me.
*shared thoughts*:)
Excellent post, and welcome to the forums!

sapphire

hi feathersinhair, my mom was aware that she was a sister witch, and yes, your right about her not telling me about her own sprituallity, but rather my mom allowed me to decide my own spritual path. my dad, had a hard time dealing with the magic side of me. :)

hi qtpi, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

hi mike, well.. i like working with the waxing and full moon energies. :)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:
take a look at Vic's post that starts with " /w " looks like some silly little boy with nothing better to do :) *reminsces*
You think someone hacked big V's account?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
sapphire said:
hi feathersinhair, my mom was aware that she was a sister witch, and yes, your right about her not telling me about her own sprituallity, but rather my mom allowed me to decide my own spritual path. my dad, had a hard time dealing with the magic side of me. :)

hi qtpi, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

hi mike, well.. i like working with the waxing and full moon energies. :)
My wife, Evenstar is more of a Wiccan then me. I'm learning from her.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
That's interesting, Sapphire. (I'd love to learn how you decided on your username, too!)

As hard as it is to resist, guys, please let's try to refrain from commenting on the previous post in question. We don't want to thread-jack one of our newer members! :)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Victor said:
/w GeO_hAtEs_NeWbS

Sorry everyone......:eek:
I play a game called WarCraft III and I usually have mutiple windows open and to "whisper" to another player I usually have to use hotkeys like Ctrl+C. Long story short, I accidently pasted one of the players screen name on RF......:eek: ---------->GEo_Hates_Newbs<---------

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Heheeee, you had us really worried there! (But that's happened to me several times, playing other games, so I'm not one to judge!) Thanks for the explanation! *hugs*

sapphire

my user name? oh "sapphire".. well, its not my magical name, although i have one, but i decided to use "sapphire" cause it is a gemstone, magicly reated to spirituality.:bounce

Runt

Sapphire--

Like you, my mother also didn't tell me--until I was about 11--that she was Wiccan. I grew up believing things without having the slightest idea where the came from. As a result of my Wiccan upbringing, I felt--and still feel, sometimes--a deep connection to nature, to certain types of symbolism (particularly the correspondences for the Western Quarter), to the moon, and so on and so forth. Also like your mother, my own was very willing to let me carve my own path. She didn't mind when I wandered away from Wicca, away from paganism, away from theism, and so on and so forth. She knew it was important that I discover my spirituality for myself, that I find something that works for me. I hope to do the same for my sons or daughters one day.