• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a book

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Anyone have an book recommendations on the topic of Mindfulness

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.

As it is practice rather than knowledge, I would recommend his CDs.

Check out his Mindfulness for Beginners.

Wu Wei

The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama

That is one that I started by the Dalai Lama that I disagreed with and put down, and it is one I am going to pick up and read again, thank you.

Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.

As it is practice rather than knowledge, I would recommend his CDs.

Check out his Mindfulness for Beginners.

I forgot about him, I have always meant to read his books. My father worked at same hospital he did early in Jon Kabat-Zin's work on mindfulness.

Wu Wei

Thank You all, some I shall check, some I have read and some, as much as it makes since to read, I have tried to read before and I just can’t get through them

I have read The Art of War by Sun Tzu and the Book of the Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi and I have also read Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, all are great books. I have read Sun Tzu Bing Fa several times as well and the Book of the Five rings. However I have only read Siddhartha once and I may just read that again based on the suggestion

I have tried. Multiple times to get through a few books by Thich Nhat Hanh but I just can’t get through them, which is odd because I am a big fan of many of his quotes.

And I have never heard of In Love With Everything, Raymond Sigrist but I will look into it

Again, thank you