• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for love on Tinder & other 'worldly' dating apps as a christian

CeilTempest

What do you think about looking for love on platforms like tinder as a christian, is it possible to find a decent relationship there?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I wouldn't touch "dating apps" with a two kilometer long pole. But if you don't object to them on principle, considering the solid majority of English-speaking humans are Christian you are hardly going to have any trouble finding other Christians if you don't believe interreligious works for you.

rocala

I am somewhat puzzled by this post. Are you wanting to discuss the value of organizations such as Tinder or are you discussing the view of Christianity on the use of modern technology in such circumstances?

Either way, I don't think this post belongs in 'Religious Debates'.

an anarchist

Your local loco.
I am somewhat puzzled by this post. Are you wanting to discuss the value of organizations such as Tinder or are you discussing the view of Christianity on the use of modern technology in such circumstances?

Perhaps same faith debates?

I know my Christian family would be very argumentative over the issue of using tinder vs. a Christian dating app. It is something people debate.

rocala

I know my Christian family would be very argumentative over the issue of using tinder vs. a Christian dating app. It is something people debate.
I think I understand, but my question is would they be equally argumentative about you dating a non-Christian or is this about websites?

an anarchist

Your local loco.
I think I understand, but my question is would they be equally argumentative about you dating a non-Christian or is this about websites?
Both. Like, my aunt just got married to a dude she met on a Christian dating site. She wouldn’t even think of using Tinder because there are non Christians on the site.

CeilTempest

Its just an honest question i had when i visited the platform year ago. I heard a lot about it, and created a profile out of curiosity. While navigating the platform i couldn't help but ask myself these questions. I just wanted to hear other people's POV.

Regarding the Forum, the rules say you can talk about anything. The question is about christian/religious views on dating apps, that why i used the word "worldly". If this isn't the correct forum, which is the correct one?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I wouldn't look for love on tinder. If you're looking for bumping uglies instead, then yes

If you want to look for love I'd recommend something else like Christian Mingle. Keep in mind that many of those "dating sites" are packed with men and only have a handful of women using them. It can be difficult for men trying to use them from what I hear

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think anything one can do to find meaningful connection is important. I wouldn't go looking for pedantic reasons to avoid things that may foster one.

What do you think about looking for love on platforms like tinder as a christian,
It depends on what love means. For example Bible tells God is love. I don't know can you find God from there.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8
We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

cooper8643m

Its just an honest question i had when i visited the platform year ago. I heard a lot about it, and created a profile out of curiosity. While navigating the platform i couldn't help but ask myself these questions. I just wanted to hear other people's POV.

Regarding the Forum, the rules say you can talk about anything. The question is about christian/religious views on dating apps, that why i used the word "worldly". If this isn't the correct aaad forum, which is the correct one?
Thanks for sharing informative topic.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Just out of interest. Forget dating apps for a moment.

Suppose you meet someone somewhere, anywhere, and you have a click big time. Like love on first-sight kind of thing. It turns out to be the woman of your dreams. She's beautiful, smart, funny, well behaved, respectful, well educated,... she's everything you ever dreamed of. But she's not a christian and has no interest in becoming one.

Would you date / marry her? If not, why not?
If you would, what would your parents' reaction be?

Audie

Veteran Member
Personally, I wouldn't touch "dating apps" with a two kilometer long pole. But if you don't object to them on principle, considering the solid majority of English-speaking humans are Christian you are hardly going to have any trouble finding other Christians if you don't believe interreligious works for you.
Fwiw, we had a Filipina maid who met an Australian on line and after 2 years correspondence they got married.

ive Watched on Facebook, it’s turned out well.