• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for Muslim opinion

Philosophically speaking, which is greater, a God who demonstrates his love to the utmost extent or one who refrains from doing so in order to preserve his image of "greatness"?

Snowber

Greetings TruBeauty100,

If GOD had been human, complete with human emotions, He may have an ego. Instead, we cannot assume that GOD tells us how great He is for egotistical reasons. Instead, and maybe only few people have grasped the meaning, it may be a psychological thing (of course GOD is the best psychologist) where the human being learns to rely on GOD alone because we are taught that only GOD has any power to affect anything.

Someone, for example, who underestimates GOD's power may lean more towards idol worship, and by idol worship I don't necessarily mean worshipping status, but instead worshipping your car, your money, your spouse, your children, etc.

.lava

Veteran Member
Philosophically speaking, which is greater, a God who demonstrates his love to the utmost extent or one who refrains from doing so in order to preserve his image of "greatness"?

God would do both depending on individual and situation. God is not limitted. why should anyone who fail to see beauty of God's creatures see its image of "greatness"? why should anyone be loved by God equally while he serves and loves much more than others? God is not a computer system that responds automaticly. as it is said, God is the highest intellect and God is just

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist

Read Quran , God is both Loving & Merciful but at the same time he's just to his creation

.lava

Veteran Member
The god "allah" never states, in the first person singular, that he created anything.

Thus...we should not expect that he did...

6:14 Say: "Shall I take for my protector any other than Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth?

6:79 For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah.

6:102 That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

64:2 It is He Who has created you

16:70 And Allah has created you

51:56 I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.

... thus you should expect it did

Bowman

6:14 Say: "Shall I take for my protector any other than Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth?

3rd person...someone has to make this statement for "allah", as he is incapable of making it for himself.

6:79 For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah.

3rd person...someone has to make this statement for "allah", as he is incapable of making it for himself.

6:102 That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

64:2 It is He Who has created you

16:70 And Allah has created you

51:56 I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.

No mention of "allah".

... thus you should expect it did

Keep trying...

.lava

Veteran Member
i am not really trying for anything. that's why i don't find any reason why i should offer more verses, since you are a person who is not able to value a verse that is there as much value a verse that is not. this is hypocracy. Qur'an is very clear on this issue

thank you for your time

Bowman

i am not really trying for anything. that's why i don't find any reason why i should offer more verses, since you are a person who is not able to value a verse that is there as much value a verse that is not. this is hypocracy. Qur'an is very clear on this issue

thank you for your time

The Koran indeed is very clear on this issue.

The god 'allah' never created anything by himself.

Bowman

i don't understand how come some people do not see how weird it is to expect an angel of God to say 'I am God and i created everything.' maybe they don't want to admit and finding excuses to avoid it

What makes you think that this came via an angel, brother?

Where does the Koran ever state that an angel delivered any message?

Or...is this merely another islamic invention?

.lava

Veteran Member
What makes you think that this came via an angel, brother?

Where does the Koran ever state that an angel delivered any message?

Or...is this merely another islamic invention?

i am sorry but i really do not have time to run in the loops. have an exam tomorrow. if you care to explain, i would like to hear your theory. how do you percieve and interpret it?