• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Years of Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
what is the chances of the personality jesus traveling to the east and studying, if his family traveled west to egypt during his childhood

Tomef

what is the chances of the personality jesus traveling to the east and studying, if his family traveled west to egypt during his childhood
Doubt it. Construction workers from backwater villages didn’t travel much in them days.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
A lot of folk enjoy wishful thinking and drawing unnecessary conclusions. Of course, the Egyptian thing is possible. Egypt was conveniently nextdoor.

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
Well to answer your title “the lost years” his name has been lost firstly, which isn’t a good start

Whilst we understand what Jesus represents
His name has changed through time

Yeshua Hamashaic became Jesous Christos in the time of the Greeks, later to become Jesus Christ

The common thing to point out is, if you went to 0-33AD and called out to Jesus, he most probably wouldn’t know what or who you were calling out to

But the interest in eastern influence I take it is your question

ABSOLUTELY
What everyone fails to understand is that there were indian trade routes that came through that area and so there would have been some sharing of Eastern cultures and beliefs

BUT Yeshua would have been primarily influenced by Jews, Gnostics, Hermeticism, Egyptians, Roman Pantheons, Valentian, Sethian, Early Paganism

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Well to answer your title “the lost years” his name has been lost firstly, which isn’t a good start

Whilst we understand what Jesus represents
His name has changed through time

Yeshua Hamashaic became Jesous Christos in the time of the Greeks, later to become Jesus Christ

The common thing to point out is, if you went to 0-33AD and called out to Jesus, he most probably wouldn’t know what or who you were calling out to

But the interest in eastern influence I take it is your question

ABSOLUTELY
What everyone fails to understand is that there were indian trade routes that came through that area and so there would have been some sharing of Eastern cultures and beliefs

BUT Yeshua would have been primarily influenced by Jews, Gnostics, Hermeticism, Egyptians, Roman Pantheons, Valentian, Sethian, Early Paganism
I believe he was greatly influenced by living on that trade route with his father's shop probably quite an interesting gathering spot for travelers and young, curious boys.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
A lot of folk enjoy wishful thinking and drawing unnecessary conclusions. Of course, the Egyptian thing is possible. Egypt was conveniently nextdoor.
buddhist missionaries were already in egypt by jesus' time

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

This is an entirely different topic. I don't dispute Thomas going to India. I'm disputing Jesus going to India. Thomas was driven by the imperative to take the gospel to all the world. Jesus, on the other hand, said that he had come to the lost sheep of Israel.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is an entirely different topic. I don't dispute Thomas going to India. I'm disputing Jesus going to India. Thomas was driven by the imperative to take the gospel to all the world. Jesus, on the other hand, said that he had come to the lost sheep of Israel.
what would be the difference? they both were from the same timeline.

IndigoChild5559

what would be the difference? they both were from the same timeline.
Thomas was driven by the imperative to take the gospel to all the world. Jesus, on the other hand, said that he had come to the lost sheep of Israel.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Jesus is Satan
I'm 54 years old. I've been into death/black metal for 35+ years and I've been into Satanism, the occult and all kinds of wild stuff.

First time I've seen this. Also the first time I've seen someone claim Hinduism is the truth, the same way Christianity and Islam claim their the truth.

Kali is awesome, by the way.

IndigoChild5559

we also know that there was a connection between jesus and zoroastrianism, via the 3 wise men and asia minor was influenced by the greek diaspora.
The argument that the Essenes had their roots in India, as presented by Arthur Findlay in "India in Primitive Christianity," is considered controversial and not widely accepted among scholars of ancient Judaism and early Christianity. Findlay's theories, while intriguing, are speculative and lacking solid historical evidence.

Most mainstream scholars and historians do not support the idea of a direct connection between the Essenes and India.

You may want to be more discriminating in which Indian websites you use for your sources. Most Indians are absolutely great people, and many Indians are bonafied scholars. However, there seems to be a movement that believes all good things come from India, or what I refer to as Indian Supremacy. They say ridiculous things like Israelites were really Indians. It's a form of bigotry to take credit for the accomplishments of others. Anyhow, all I'm saying is that these particular sites are highly unreliable, and you really need better sources.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The argument that the Essenes had their roots in India, as presented by Arthur Findlay in "India in Primitive Christianity," is considered controversial and not widely accepted among scholars of ancient Judaism and early Christianity. Findlay's theories, while intriguing, are speculative and lacking solid historical evidence.

Most mainstream scholars and historians do not support the idea of a direct connection between the Essenes and India.

You may want to be more discriminating in which Indian websites you use for your sources. Most Indians are absolutely great people, and many Indians are bonafied scholars. However, there seems to be a movement that believes all good things come from India, or what I refer to as Indian Supremacy. They say ridiculous things like Israelites were really Indians. It's a form of bigotry to take credit for the accomplishments of others. Anyhow, all I'm saying is that these particular sites are highly unreliable, and you really need better sources.

there is no argument that the essenes had their roots in india. the argument was that they were influenced by it and vice versa. not everyone is exclusive; especially those who are monists and coming from different cultures.