• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost Years of Jesus

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
there is no argument that the essenes had their roots in india. the argument was that they were influenced by it and vice versa. not everyone is exclusive; especially those who are monists and coming from different cultures.
a distinction without a difference.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Well according to _Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal_, by Christopher Moore, Jesus used his "lost years" to track down the 3 wise men to gain their wisdom. Excellent reading -- for those not fearful of exploring. :D:oops:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well according to _Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal_, by Christopher Moore, Jesus used his "lost years" to track down the 3 wise men to gain their wisdom. Excellent reading -- for those not fearful of exploring. :D:oops:
Maybe I should write about about how during the lost years of Jesus, he joined a hippie commune and smoked grass. :)

Anyhow, humor aside, I'm not at all opposed to midrashim (folktales that embellish biblical narratives). I just think its important to remember that they come from imagination, not history.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Maybe I should write about about how during the lost years of Jesus, he joined a hippie commune and smoked grass. :)

Anyhow, humor aside, I'm not at all opposed to midrashim (folktales that embellish biblical narratives). I just think its important to remember that they come from imagination, not history.
Are you familiar with Christopher Moore's novels? They are hilarious! In this one, Jesus is fascinated with Biff's sex life, asking all kinds of questions, because he can never have the experience for himself, being who he is and all. LOL And at the same time, he manages to convey a feeling that brought a refreshed meaning to the crucifixion story that struck my heart. Even with Biff shooting craps with the Centurions on duty at the cross.
It's a great read.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Lost Years of Jesus
Does one mean the lost years of Jesus after the event of crucifixion, then he went to the East to convey his message to the lost tribes of Israelite, please, right??
How Old was Jesus ?
He died at the age of about 120 years in Kashmir, India, right, please?

Jesus bloodline - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
Quran mentions G-d gave refuge to both (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah and his mother Mary/Meriam/Maryam ,right, please?:

23:51
And We made the son of Mary and his mother a Sign, and gave them refuge on an elevated land of green valleys and springs of running water.

Right?

Regards
23:51
وَجَعَلۡنَا ابۡنَ مَرۡیَمَ وَاُمَّہٗۤ اٰیَۃً وَّاٰوَیۡنٰہُمَاۤ اِلٰی رَبۡوَۃٍ ذَاتِ قَرَارٍ وَّمَعِیۡنٍ ﴿٪۵۱