• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luciferianism To The Individual

jasonwill2

Baphomet has for a very long time been depicted as a hermaphroditic or androgynous union of the male and female principles, often represented by the sun and the moon.

This is true according to my research.

I'd have no problem saying Ford is a Luciferian, but the idea of Luciferianism contradicts the idea of Luciferian.

Why do you keep going over this petty semantic distinction? It's like saying that you don't "have a religion but a relationship". Or "I honor Satan but I don't worship him".

Worship is worship.
Religion is religion.
A path is a path.

We need to stop redefining terms because we don't like the connotations of them despite the annotations still being correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twig pentagram

High Priest
I think Jason's more of a theistic Satanist as he takes from the Jewish Satan, not the Gnostic. I'm not sure if he's obsessed with finding knowledge independently and through experience, and the Luciferian rituals are way different.
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks Jason is a Satanist.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
No **** I'm a Satanist, but who says I can't worship other gods as well? I've worshiped Lucifer and Lilith for just about as long as I have used the label Satanist for example.

Does that make you a lilithian? I like that evoke of lucifer you shared with me. Perhaps you can post more in the ritual thread.

Lynix

I was wondering, wouldn't a good definition of a Luciferian be one who seeks after knowledge, truth, and understanding, and who brings forth the light of wisdom upon the great mysteries of being and the Universe he seeks after?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

This is the correct definition of "luciferian" I would say.

jasonwill2

Does that make you a lilithian? I like that evoke of lucifer you shared with me. Perhaps you can post more in the ritual thread.

No idea, I would say that if my worship of Lilith gives me any label it would be pagan, however I try to stay away from that label. I just worship Lilith plain and simple, I don't need a word for it because there isn't any philosophy or ethics involved, it's just pure worship with a side of evocation of her daughters.

This is the correct definition of "luciferian" I would say.

No, that is not a correct definition of Luciferian, that is more like a definition of a scientist.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dear Twig Pentagram,

What would be your complete definition of Luciferian, if you don't mind my asking? =)

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Dear Twig Pentagram,

What would be your complete definition of Luciferian, if you don't mind my asking? =)

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

IMHO, these are the building blocks of a luciferian;
Autotheism / Apotheosis
Seeker of knowledge
Practicer of Magick
Archetyping mythological, legendary, & factual characters ( usually ones bringing forbidden knowledge or bearing light ).
Self Mastery
Symbolic

These are the 6 things that are present in at least 85% of the luciferians I've encountered. IMHO, these are the 6 Signs of The Path.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
As far as a complete definition goes, I don't think I've traveled The Path
far enough to publicly give a complete definition of an intiate.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Yeah it would. But IMO the whole of humanity should be doing that, so I just call that...normal. Are you telling me there are some people who AREN'T after knowledge and wisdom and truth? Whoa...

What I am refering to are those individuals for whom the Seeking after the Mysteries and sheding light upon the darkness - knowledge, truth, understanding, enlightenment are core Principles in life. For most people these things are not core Principles.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Informare

Setian I°
IMHO, these are the building blocks of a luciferian;
Autotheism / Apotheosis
Seeker of knowledge
Practicer of Magick
Archetyping mythological, legendary, & factual characters ( usually ones bringing forbidden knowledge or bearing light ).
Self Mastery
Symbolic

These are the 6 things that are present in at least 85% of the luciferians I've encountered. IMHO, these are the 6 Signs of The Path.

How is that different from any number of Left-Hand path ideaologies? I'm not trying to antagonize; I'm trying to determine the complete identity of Lucifereanism, and so far all I ever read here and other places are some vague statements about seeking knowledge and enjoying symbolic knowledge seekers in history and mythology. To me, that's not quite enough to really flesh out an entire religion or philosophical identity.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
How is that different from any number of Left-Hand path ideaologies? I'm not trying to antagonize; I'm trying to determine the complete identity of Lucifereanism, and so far all I ever read here and other places are some vague statements about seeking knowledge and enjoying symbolic knowledge seekers in history and mythology. To me, that's not quite enough to really flesh out an entire religion or philosophical identity.
Believe it or not, I understand exactly where you coming from. I would say the
major difference between a luciferian a setian and a satanist is their language.
Satanist and setians seem to be drawn to darker symbology and archetypes,
while luciferians are drawn to lighter ones. For instance Yeshua and Prometheus
are big archetypes in the luciferian community. Luciferians also seem to archetype
anything they choose, not just religious myths and legends. For example; I
archetype Apocalypse from the marvel universe and plenty of other characters
from comic books, video games, movies, music and urban legends.

jasonwill2

This is the problem i have with a number of other Luciferians, it just isn't unique in anyway in terms of philosophy, practice, or intent.

Believe it or not, I understand exactly where you coming from. I would say the
major difference between a luciferian a setian and a satanist is their language.
Satanist and setians seem to be drawn to darker symbology and archetypes,
while luciferians are drawn to lighter ones. For instance Yeshua and Prometheus
are big archetypes in the luciferian community. Luciferians also seem to archetype
anything they choose, not just religious myths and legends. For example; I
archetype Apocalypse from the marvel universe and plenty of other characters
from comic books, video games, movies, music and urban legends.

So the symbolism is just different?