• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lutheran Group Allows Gay Pastors

Jeremiah

My point is and has been that homosexuality, from a biblical perspective, is indeed a sin. How can one openly engaging in sin claim to be a leader of a Christian denomination? Not only do they not believe that they are living in sin, but many of them glory in it.

{1 John 3:9 shall suffice in this instance: "No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."}

You have failed to see the person and only see the "sin".

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It's not so much whether or not it matters to me, but rather whether it matters to Almighty God. To me, it really makes no difference. To the word of God, someone who openly engages in sin does not have God within him. And homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible. Now, we are all sinners. But we MUST turn from those sins and not glory in the sins that we are currently engaging in. And we must be able to admit that the act in which we are engaging is indeed a sin before the face of God.
First of all, this is unrealistic. We are all fully human and all human beings participate fully in humanity, part of which is to sin -- and we do it openly! And we do have God within us!

Secondly, what is it we are asked to turn from? From sin? Or from our illusions of ourselves and who we are?