• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lying

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What you are doing is the fallacy of generalizing from too small a sampling. It's like the woman who get raped by a black man, and so she starts mistrusting all black men.

Generalising it surely is, it has never let me down though.

Been there, done that, i have no problem with black people or any colour people for that matter. My children are mixed race, how mistrustful does that make me?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is it ever morally acceptable to lie, especially if you were lying for your god, lying for one of your prophets, messiahs or messengers, or for your religion?

Is it a sin to use God’s name when you lie?

And what are the consequences for sinning in the name of God? Do God punish them for each lie people tell?
Lying is not only acceptable these days, it's expected and embraced by people now.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
You are hiding some Jews in your basement in Nazi Germany. The Gestapo comes and asks you where are the Jews. If you tell them the truth, the Jews will be shipped off to a death camp.

If I were to answer, “It’s my understanding that a great many of them are in concentration camps,” would I be lying?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Generalising it surely is, it has never let me down though.

Been there, done that, i have no problem with black people or any colour people for that matter. My children are mixed race, how mistrustful does that make me?
Just because you are not biggotted against blacks, doesn't mean you aren't still biggotted against christians. My analogy of the woman improperly generalizing from a single rape was an ILLUSTRATION of why the sort of generalizing you are doing is improper.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just because you are not biggotted against blacks, doesn't mean you aren't still biggotted against christians. My analogy of the woman improperly generalizing from a single rape was an ILLUSTRATION of why the sort of generalizing you are doing is improper.

Improper or not, my generalisation has never let me down. Should i ever encounter an 100%, honest Christian i will alter my view. That is not bigotry, that is experience. Which may (or may not) change in the future.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
You are going to give lip to the Gestapo, and get beaten up, even arrested for non-cooperation? I dont' believe you.

You don't have to.

Anyway, why would you consider that giving lip? I answered their question...without lying. Because that's where the Jews are.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Could you please provide an example?

Sure. If I lived in a country that persecuted My religion/lack thereof, I wouldn't feel morally compromised by lying.
If I was hiding Jews in WW2, I wouldn't tell the truth to the Gestapo.

Countless examples where it minimises harm.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Lying is not only acceptable these days, it's expected and embraced by people now.
I doubt that is true, but people start lying as very small children and some maintain the habit. One usually doesn't expect such from one's friends though, even if lies often have to be told for various reasons. The fewer necessary probably is best for all - especially for one's reputation. :oops:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that you are Hindu. Could you expand on the meaning of "Religious Heathen Trantheists"?

Those that identifies as members non-Abrahamic religions who acknowledge the existence of gods, but gods are irrelevant to their worldview.

syo

Is it ever morally acceptable to lie, especially if you were lying for your god, lying for one of your prophets, messiahs or messengers, or for your religion?

Is it a sin to use God’s name when you lie?

And what are the consequences for sinning in the name of God? Do God punish them for each lie people tell?
People want me to lie. :rolleyes:o_O

Elihoenai

Those that identifies as members non-Abrahamic religions who acknowledge the existence of gods, but gods are irrelevant to their worldview.
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The teaching that members of Non-Abrahamic Religions are Heathen is the teaching of the Universal Roman Catholic Church. I Am Outcast and Deemed Heretic by the Universal Roman Catholic Church that has Dominion of 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom.

There is One True Elohim/God Manifesting in different Ways to Different People that is Creator of all that Exists and Determines everything that Happens by Its Will.. Only those with Spiritual Eyes can Truly see this. I see your statement about the Spiritual. Are you on a Spiritual Path? If yes, what does Spiritual mean to you?

The Heathenry in your Worldview is that there are Many Gods and the Gods are Irrelevant. In your Worldview what role do Gods have?

Every Person Living a Lie/In a Lie is a Liar. Apart from a Few hundred/thousand Elect, every person on the planet is a Liar having not escaped Living a Lie/In a Lie. Some people are Bigger Liars than Others. I Am Transitioning from among 7.8 Billion Liars to the Elect.

Last edited: