• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MaddLlama - SuperMod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFH

Veteran Member
Name: Kristin is my given name. But, I normally answer to "Ruka"
Kristin's a great name, thanks for sharing your bio with us...

You are a great Mod and now you are a super duper mod.

Just wack me upside the head/silly if I get out of hand, like Becky does, bless her heart...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Remember that thread you started awhile back asking our advice on what colors to paint a room in your house? Did you ever decide? I don't remember hearing and the designer in me HAS to know. Do you have any current decorating/remodeling goals?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Remember that thread you started awhile back asking our advice on what colors to paint a room in your house? Did you ever decide? I don't remember hearing and the designer in me HAS to know. Do you have any current decorating/remodeling goals?

Oh, yes I did finally pick a color. I painted the room a dark magenta color, called gypsy pink. It came out quite bright, and I love it. :) We're putting down a nice tan berber carpet to match.

We may also be moving soon, to a house with a whole ton of landscaping and decorating opportunities. We haven't signed a contract yet (we just went to see it this week) but I'm dying to have it! :)

Since we're planning on moving within the next year, the basement is really the only project we'll do on the house. I had wanted to paint the kitchen in a nice sage color, but it's not really worth it.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Oh, yes I did finally pick a color. I painted the room a dark magenta color, called gypsy pink. It came out quite bright, and I love it. :) We're putting down a nice tan berber carpet to match.
Oh yeah...I remember that you wanted us to pick between pink, blue and yellow I think. I actually liked the pink sample the best although what you ended up painting the room sounds darker than what I remember.
We may also be moving soon, to a house with a whole ton of landscaping and decorating opportunities. We haven't signed a contract yet (we just went to see it this week) but I'm dying to have it! :)
I can't wait to hear all about it. A piece of advice about the landscaping, if it's a large lot, spend the money hiring a landscape designer. Even if you do the work yourself after the design is finished to save money it looks so much better to have it professionally designed. Plus, you can do the work in stages. We're selling our house in a couple of years and just had plans drawn up for the front yard to make a great impression immediately. Sure helps sell your house faster.

Since we're planning on moving within the next year, the basement is really the only project we'll do on the house. I had wanted to paint the kitchen in a nice sage color, but it's not really worth it.
What color is the kitchen now? If it were me I'd spend more time making sure the kitchen is as cool as can be. We all know women are the ones who really decide on which house to buy and the kitchen is mega important. Of course, you probably already know all this. :p

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Oh yeah...I remember that you wanted us to pick between pink, blue and yellow I think. I actually liked the pink sample the best although what you ended up painting the room sounds darker than what I remember.
I can't wait to hear all about it. A piece of advice about the landscaping, if it's a large lot, spend the money hiring a landscape designer. Even if you do the work yourself after the design is finished to save money it looks so much better to have it professionally designed. Plus, you can do the work in stages. We're selling our house in a couple of years and just had plans drawn up for the front yard to make a great impression immediately. Sure helps sell your house faster.

The place we're looking at is a 14 acre lot, but it's mostly downhill, lol.

The place we have currently is a condo, and the HOA doesn't let you do anything to the outside of the house, short of Christmas lights.

What color is the kitchen now? If it were me I'd spend more time making sure the kitchen is as cool as can be. We all know women are the ones who really decide on which house to buy and the kitchen is mega important. Of course, you probably already know all this. :p

Right now it's an off white color.
The problem is the floor plan is so open that if I paint the kitchen, the wall runs into the living room which runs into the stairs, which runs into the hallway.....I'd need to paint the whole house or else it would look weird.

Ðanisty

Right now it's an off white color.
The problem is the floor plan is so open that if I paint the kitchen, the wall runs into the living room which runs into the stairs, which runs into the hallway.....I'd need to paint the whole house or else it would look weird.
Perhaps you should consider an accent wall.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Ðanisty;919055 said:
Perhaps you should consider an accent wall.

Or even a backsplash.

I'm so conflicted too...I really want to post the pictures of the place we're looking at, but I'm afraid I'll jinx it :eek:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Congratulations Llama!

I stayed on my friends Llama ranch for a cpl weeks once. None of the llamas looked mad thogh, just kind of bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.