• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana; the full story.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
For anyone interested, I have published an article on the forum at this location:

Religious Education / Articles / Articles
Marijuana; the full story.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/article.php?a=53

I am afraid that it is rather long, but I needed to include as many references as possible.

I know that this is a controvercial subject, but I am determined to try and help eradicate the use of this so called 'Recreational Drug'.

There are potential uses, medically, and tests are being carried out in England (Location Unknown) to produce as pure plants as possible; the potential uses are for Chronic pain situations - as palliative care use only.:)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I applaud your initiative, and will read this tonight, when I have more time, despite the fact that I disagree with the points behind it. Even if it does cause harm, it should be legal for use in one's own home.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'll read it, but I think the only drug thing that should get you arrested is having a meth-lab in an appartment, hotel, or another building that will effect others if it blows up. If its your own house and you have no kids, then let it blow up in your face if thats what you want.

mr.guy

crapsack
Wow. that was alot of bull****. I mean, ALOT of bull****. Michel, you might have a more credible case against alchohol,sugar, tabaco or caffine. Your sources wouldn't have to make up half as much crap.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That was a bit harsh mr. guy. The article did have many falicies, but that was harsh.

I would like to say that pot does not effect the memories of what happened while stoned, and it does not make simple task difficult.

Problems with memory and learning - not that much
Distorted perception - not really
Difficulty in thinking and problem solving - no, some people come up with great ideas while stoned
Loss of coordination - no
Increased heart rate - many things, including caffiene, do this
Anxiety Panic attacks - your environment your in while your high plays a big part in the amount of anxiety
Daily cough and phlegm
Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
More frequent chest colds -
again, these things rarly happen

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have never taken it, so I can go on nothing other than published research. Unfortunately, the only person I know who uses it is my older son, and I must admit to being over-anxious about the effects.

And I have seen a lot of these symptoms in him - perhaps not directly attributable; it is difficult to point to a reason for a symptom when there are many causes.

He suffers from bronchitis; he goes through mood swings, can be irrational, and lost control of a car "Because he was looking at the view through the driver's side window - and didn't nbotice the bend" - he had smoked a couple the afternoon on which he went out for that trip - and was extremely lucky to come out with nothing but a bit of whiplash; my car was a write-off. Evidence ? - hardly; circumstantial at the best. Now I am going to post concerning news about cigarette smoking which might surprize you (not an article, just a thread).;)

constantine

the Great
I'm sorry Michel. I know you mean well ...
but the truth is, any study on the effects (long term or short)of pot is bias self promotion in the on going ,never ending war on drugs....
.Morality laws cannot work... Who is anyone to tell me not to smoke pot....
The war on pot that Harry Anslinger decided to wage 75 yrs ago, he did alone with a stroke of his pen and a billion dollars to spend , enforcing the new law that pointed to the sub-culture of writers, poets and jazz musicians.

pot is safer then any other drug, natural or manmade....so I think youre wasting your time...

M

Majikthise

constantine said:
I'm sorry Michel. I know you mean well ...
but the truth is, any study on the effects (long term or short)of pot is bias self promotion in the on going ,never ending war on drugs....
.Morality laws cannot work... Who is anyone to tell me not to smoke pot....
The war on pot that Harry Anslinger decided to wage 75 yrs ago, he did alone with a stroke of his pen and a billion dollars to spend , enforcing the new law that pointed to the sub-culture of writers, poets and jazz musicians.

pot is safer then any other drug, natural or manmade....so I think youre wasting your time...
Frubals to you.

I personally know MANY people who use marijuana on a regular basis and ,other than those few who have addictive personalities in the first place,they don't have any problems coping in society. I have seen more damage done by abuse of alchohol than anything else.
I find that people who speak out so strongly against marajuana use are the ones who experience undue paranoia. These articles are nothing but thinly veiled propaganda disguised as legitimate health information with half truths thrown in to dummy up the outright lies and misinformation born from lack of lifelong personal experience.
You would be surprised at how many professionals, tradespersons and successful business owners use marajuana recreationally and still excel in their endeavors. It's not just for the "Oh wow man ,cool" , set. It's more prevalant than you might think, but much less so than alcohol. Prohibition doesn't work , period , and ,hopefully,this one will die real soon.:149:

constantine said:
great point. :clap

let's not forget why pot became illegal in the first place.