• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary is God Dogma - Will other denominations accept this?

astarath

Following the death of her first husband of course
or was it Clophas give me a second i will check the gospels!

astarath

Robert Eisenman argues quite convincably that it is indeed a repetition in Luke and that Mary the Wife of Clopas is indeed his mother!

Tojisan

now that's absolute heresy! excuse me but whoever that guy Robert Eisenman is, he has got a sick reasoning....what a way to judge facts! just because, mary wife of clopas certainly does not mean mary especially in the context of ancient jewish traditions. my goodness! i guess he's more wierd than the mary-is-god movement visionary were taking about.

astarath

Well in all actuality he the author of several self titled works, but more importantly wrote the latest text used in the teaching of origins of christianity if you take theology at a university level as well he is one of the foremost international scholars on early christian traditions and language!

Tojisan

lot of fools attain the highest levels of society...hitler was twice times' man of the year, stalin, etc....he seems to me the best example of a man gaining the world but loosing his own soul! poor people!

astarath

Agreed however when Christian scholars agree upon the use of a text written by a man of this authority his other works also hold the credibility of those who approve of his stature..no?

Francine

we've even had heretic popes....ratzinger is considered by many catholics as one of them.

Benedict XVI has been called a heretic by a splinter sect for saying that people who are raised into (or convert to) Protestantism today are NOT heretics as the word was previously understood.

astarath

right people are essentially judged by their works especially scholars. This gentleman through his works has demonstrated one of the most proficient grasps of translation or mistranslation of the earliest texts we currently possess coupled with one of the best international acclaimed backgrounds in early judeo-christian history.

logician

Well let's go see what the Father of the Reformation, Martin Luther, had to say on the matter.

"Christ...was the only Son of Mary, and the Virgin Mary bore no children besides Him...I am inclined to agree with those who declare that 'brothers' really mean 'cousins' here, for Holy Writ and the Jews always call cousins brothers."

Interesting you brought up Martin Luther, who was a strong anti-semite, and religious hero of Hitler.

Anyways, many think praying to someone, as well as bowing to statues representing someone, represents a form of worship of that being, whatever the "official" doctrine might be.

Tojisan

the catholic church has called its honor of mary as hyperdula to mean veneration above the saints but lower than God. is that acceptable to non-catholics or do you really regard mary as just another common human being?

Carol wis

Believe me. The Catholic Church and members only worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We pray to Mary for her help just like any one of you who ask a friend or family member to pray for you. If you are having trouble understanding this ask Mary yourself to show you who she is. She is for all of us. So you don't need to believe me, ask her. In Christ, Carol

logician

Believe me. The Catholic Church and members only worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We pray to Mary for her help just like any one of you who ask a friend or family member to pray for you. If you are having trouble understanding this ask Mary yourself to show you who she is. She is for all of us. So you don't need to believe me, ask her. In Christ, Carol

Why don't you just ask a family member to pray for you?

logician

the catholic church has called its honor of mary as hyperdula to mean veneration above the saints but lower than God. is that acceptable to non-catholics or do you really regard mary as just another common human being?

I don't believe Mary, Jesus, or Joseph existed. Do you believe Jupiter and Juno existed?

Francine

I don't believe Mary, Jesus, or Joseph existed. Do you believe Jupiter and Juno existed?

When I was a child I had never gone anywhere except Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana, and I thought maybe California and Nevada and Wyoming didn't even exist. But some girls at my school said they had been there, so I accepted their eyewitness account. And so too I accept the eyewitness account of JM&J passed down to us by Sacred Scripture and Tradition.

Smoke

Done here.
When I was a child I had never gone anywhere except Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana, and I thought maybe California and Nevada and Wyoming didn't even exist. But some girls at my school said they had been there, so I accepted their eyewitness account. And so too I accept the eyewitness account of JM&J passed down to us by Sacred Scripture and Tradition.
You have to know where to draw the line, though. I was born in Florida and have been there as recently as last year, but I remain skeptical about the Garden of Eden and the Fountain of Youth, both of which are reputed to lie within my native state. As for California, Mel Tillis assures me that there ain't no California.