• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation as Meditation?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
Could Masturbation be a form of Meditation?

What comes out of it is more than just cum, it makes you feel good and relaxes you.

Have you ever noticed that when you are frustrated and masturbate, then after you masturbate your mind is no longer focused on what frustrates you, it makes you feel better, makes you calm.

Anyone agree that Masturbation is a form of Meditation?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
lol...

Simply put, meditation is concentration. Sex or physical pleasure can be a focus of meditation practice- just look at the tantrics. But I don't think that masturbation is generally practised as a meditation.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I agree with Madhuri. Beating your meat is always a mental effort to achieve climax, I think meditation is to achieve mental clarity which is opposite of masturbation.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

What comes out of it is more than just cum, it makes you feel good and relaxes you.

Have you ever noticed that when you are frustrated and masturbate, then after you masturbate your mind is no longer focused on what frustrates you, it makes you feel better, makes you calm.

Hmm...yea....I mean no.....I mean yea....Wait, i mean no....

Yea.
Wait! No.
I mean..Yea.
Oh, nevermind...No.
Oh, wait, i mean...

Apathy

Wanking doesn't really accomplish anything it is simply a distraction the original problem is still there and as soon as you are done the problem returns. It is similar to alcoholism a drink here and there to forget about your problems then you end up being a problem drinker. Same thing in this situation when you use it to forget your problems soon enough you become a full blown ******.

sky dancer

From the OP, I get the impression that you think that meditation is about relaxation. Then, in your view, since masturbation relaxes you, masturbation must be a form of meditation.

Meditation is about becoming aware of the nature of mind and phenomena. It should lead to insight, not necessarily relaxation.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TSoA,

Yes, it can be; provided you do not ejaculate.
[ meditation is conservation of energy]

Love & rgds

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Rather than calling it meditation, which isn't really accurate, you might as well just call it endorphins.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend stephenw,

Seriously, try keeping your hard on for without the mind getting drawn towards it.
Meditation is about getting the mind to withdraw from every thoughts, senses, feelings, emotions etc. just an emptiness so if one mind was engaged in sexual thoughts and it resulted in a hard on; slowly one can watch the withdrawal of the mind [thoughts] and diffusing the sexual thoughts to nothingness without the ejaculation is also a form of meditation.

Love & rgds

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

No. Not meditation. He He. Good exercise though. LOL

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nowhereman,

No. Not meditation. He He. Good exercise though. LOL
Personal understanding is that any act is a meditating act, provided not done mechanically but with complete awareness!

Love & rgds

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That gets tougher and tougher with age.

That's why I try to keep fit. But alas that gets tougher as well. Yet not impossible.

I noticed my libido substantially improves whenever I stick with my diet and exercise regime. When I let things go however, everything goes limp so to speak.