• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#metoo (unless you're a Jew)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From The times of Israel:

Well, better late than ever I guess. Best would be if we come to understand the hesitance and equivocation so clearly modeled.
Hamas's attack has been over-shadowed by bigger
crimes in the region, ie, Israel's destruction of Gaza,
killing over 15,000 Palestinians, & maiming many more.
Israel apologists have yet to condemn this & Israel's
apartheid, land theft, kidnappings, murders, etc.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its just being used to try and claim Hamas' crimes are more barbaric than the IDF's which plainly isn't true, they're both pure evil

Orbit

I'm a planet
There's silence because at least one of the "reports" was backed up with what was a 2022 photo of Kurdish women, misidentified. The Israeli propaganda war is in full swing; even Haaretz did an article on the lack of actual evidence for many of these atrocity claims last week. On the other hand, we have an IDF rabbi saying that rape of Palestinian women is fine in wartime last week also.

I think people refrain from commenting on propaganda during the fog of war because it's not clear exactly what is going on.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
There's silence because at least one of the "reports" was backed up with what was a 2022 photo of Kurdish women, misidentified. The Israeli propaganda war is in full swing; even Haaretz did an article on the lack of actual evidence for many of these atrocity claims last week.
Could you please provide links for both assertions? Thanks.

On the other hand, we have an IDF rabbi saying that rape of Palestinian women is fine in wartime last week also.
Since you seem willing to join the propaganda war, please note:
As more and more people study the evidence decry the sexual and gender-based violence perpetrated by the terrorists, you continue to be characterized by your selectivity.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Could you please provide links for both assertions? Thanks.

Since you seem willing to join the propaganda war, please note:
As more and more people study the evidence decry the sexual and gender-based violence perpetrated by the terrorists, you continue to be characterized by your selectiv
Fake photo:
Rape/rabbi issue, which was a thing over the weekend, now seems to be resolved: IDF chief rabbi-designate: I never claimed rape was acceptable in wartime

Latest debunking of a recent Israeli claim:
I am not "joining the propaganda war" any more than you are. I was just pointing out, in response to your query, that the lack of reaction is often because there is a propaganda war, and people aren't sure what's real/exaggerated.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Sorry - I neither have nor want X.

Rape/rabbi issue, which was a thing over the weekend, now seems to be resolved: IDF chief rabbi-designate: I never claimed rape was acceptable in wartime

"Now seems to be resolved"? The TOI article (which, by the way, features then Meretz MK Tamar Zandberg) is dated 23 November 2016, i.e., seven years ago.

I am not "joining the propaganda war" any more than you are

By digging up a "resolved," seven year old issue about one individual as your contribution to whataboutism? Well done.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Sorry - I neither have nor want X.

"Now seems to be resolved"? The TOI article (which, by the way, features then Meretz MK Tamar Zandberg) is dated 23 November 2016, i.e., seven years ago.

By digging up a "resolved," seven year old issue about one individual as your contribution to whataboutism? Well done.
I was unable to find the tweet from this weekend; the only thing I could find was the Times article, which was old. But that doesn't matter, evidently, because you don't want to look at twitter, anyway.

Here's a non-twitter link for one of them: DEBUNKED: Israel Claims That Hamas Marked Children By Burning Their Legs With Motorcycle Exhaust

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
A December 2 article in the Times of Israel reports that

The temporary truce between Israel and Hamas broke down this week after the Palestinian terror group that rules Gaza refused to release 10 more female hostages, and instead sought to free abductees taken on October 7 from other categories, in violation of the agreement, Israeli officials said Friday.​
The terms of the deal, brokered by Qatar, specified that Hamas would first release all women and children being held in Gaza and Israel would agree to a pause in fighting for up to 10 days, the Walla news site reported Friday, citing three Israeli officials.​
“This deal was about women and children – we believe Hamas is lying about the number of women in their possession,” an Israeli official told The Times of Israel on Friday. [source]​

There is speculation that this refusal was driven in part by concern about what these women might report concerning their treatment. I'm afraid that, more and more, this speculation rings true to me.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
With regards to my previous post, let me also note that Evangelical news source writes:

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who recently made his fourth visit to Israel since the Hamas Oct. 7 massacre, confirmed that Hamas “began firing rockets before the pause ended, and… reneged on the commitments it made in terms of releasing certain hostages.”​
During a recent Al Arabiya interview, senior Hamas terror official Osama Hamdan blamed Israel for the collapse of the truce, arguing that Jerusalem had demanded to include female IDF soldiers among the released female hostages.​
Unnamed Israeli officials told the Walla news outlet that Hamas is deliberately keeping some female hostages as bargaining chips for potential future prisoner exchanges with Israel. Some Israeli officials believe the reason Hamas has not released all female hostages is because the terror organization does not want the women to reveal the full extent of the atrocities that Hamas terrorists perpetrated against women during the Oct. 7 invasion, and specifically towards female hostages being held in Gaza by the terrorists. [source]​

I should add that I am in no position to vouch for the credibility of this news source.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
With regards to my previous post, let me also note that Evangelical news source writes:

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who recently made his fourth visit to Israel since the Hamas Oct. 7 massacre, confirmed that Hamas “began firing rockets before the pause ended, and… reneged on the commitments it made in terms of releasing certain hostages.”​
During a recent Al Arabiya interview, senior Hamas terror official Osama Hamdan blamed Israel for the collapse of the truce, arguing that Jerusalem had demanded to include female IDF soldiers among the released female hostages.​
Unnamed Israeli officials told the Walla news outlet that Hamas is deliberately keeping some female hostages as bargaining chips for potential future prisoner exchanges with Israel. Some Israeli officials believe the reason Hamas has not released all female hostages is because the terror organization does not want the women to reveal the full extent of the atrocities that Hamas terrorists perpetrated against women during the Oct. 7 invasion, and specifically towards female hostages being held in Gaza by the terrorists. [source]​

I should add that I am in no position to vouch for the credibility of this news source.
And this is something that the hate-Israel element conveniently ignores, namely that Hamas continues to launch missiles into Israel and these missiles have no defensive capability whatsoever.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The missiles and bombs Israel is launching have no defensive capability either, their sole purpose is death and destruction

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Its just being used to try and claim Hamas' crimes are more barbaric than the IDF's which plainly isn't true, they're both pure evil
But Israel's 11:1 kill ratio is so much greater.
Israelis also committed sexual assaults on
Palestinians.
On top of that, Israelis aim for legs so as to
cripple Palestinian civilians.
Israel & apologists want to focus solely upon
Jewish sexual assault victims to distract from
their war crimes. But at least those victims live.
15,000 Palestinians are dead, & many more are
horribly maimed & driven from their destroyed
homes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And this is something that the hate-Israel element conveniently ignores, namely that Hamas continues to launch missiles into Israel and these missiles have no defensive capability whatsoever.
This is something the hate-Muslims element conveniently
seize upon to deflect from Israel's war crimes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

What a great excuse to continue targeting
civilians....just blame Hamas for Israel's
war crimes.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The missiles and bombs Israel is launching have no defensive capability either, their sole purpose is death and destruction
That's quite a bizarre response. So, one side can fire them but the other can't respond? That's not exactly Clausewitz. :rolleyes:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
And now we have acknowledgement by the BBC:

Thankfully the silence and the carefully scripted equivocations are starting to become untenable. But we are far from witnessing anything approaching unanimity around the demand to immediately release the hostages.

This silence too is complicit in whatever is being done daily to these hostages, some of whom are believed to be female.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And now we have acknowledgement by the BBC:

Thankfully the silence and the carefully scripted equivocations are starting to become untenable. But we are far from witnessing anything approaching unanimity around the demand to immediately release the hostages.

This silence too is complicit in whatever is being done daily to these hostages, some of whom are believed to be female.
I notice your silence about many things...
- Israeli settlers sexually assaulting, attacking, killing,
& driving away Palestinians...then illegally (under both
Israel's & international law) taking their land. This
continues with approval of Israel's government.
- Israel using administrative detention to hold
Palestinians indefinitely without ever holding a trial.
- When Palestinians are tried, it's by the military.
- Soaring disease in Gaza, as Israel prevents
sanitation, health care, & nutrition.

The list goes on.