• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Might be buying a game console...

How awesome is the SNES?

• Awesome.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Rather awesome.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • You have seen the games, right? Get a Sega Mega-CD!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Less awesome then keeping hold of your cash moneys.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Oh! Populous! How could I have forgotten that one? I would probably by an old SNES console for that title alone, and I think the SNES version is actually superior to the PC version.
Except for populous 3 that is..

Untill I got to XP and populous 3 can't run on XP.. :cover:

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Oh, no, that's Link's Awakening. Another good game, but a different Zelda title.

Ahhh, danke for the clarification.

The phrase "middle-class" was used as a justification for buying a SNES rather than playing through emulation.

I think that '"justification" is too strong a word, I wasn't being that serious. (Though looking back my tone was a little ambiguous, my emoticon-fu is sorely lacking in some areas)

Basically, whilst buying a SNES console and games is a luxury that I could probably avoid, it's one that I can also pretty easily afford. (For example, I just picked up a copy of Star Fox for the exact same cost as a one-way bus ticket to Uni) So, what I was trying (and evidently failing) to say was that while I don't have any really compelling reasons to not play emulation, I can't see any particularly compelling reasonsto do so either. :)

I have no doubt that there are games just as worthy of our condemnation from the SNES period.

As it turns out, my SNES will come boxed in with a copy of Shaq-Fu, a game generally regarded as one of the worst of all time. Woot. :D

Oh, and thanks once again for all y'all suggestions, it's been most helpful. So far, I have or will be getting soonish:

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania
Star Fox
Street Fighter II Turbo
F-Zero
Secret of Mana
Mega Man X
Equinox
(And I'll probably pick up a copy of Yoshi when it comes along on the cheap)

Eventually I'll be seeing about getting me some NTSC goodness, but I think that'll hold me for now... :p

Last edited by a moderator: