• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Minister for Equality" Refuses to Deny That Homosexuality is a Sin.

c0da

I think she can believe something a sin, not condone, affirm or propagate the action, AND yet think its really not any of her business what people get upto in the Bedroom? Can't she?

But it will be her job to implement laws that will benefit homosexuals, and in regards to the civil partnerships bill, make homosexual relationships easier for those in the relationships because they will have the rights which a married heterosexual couple would have.

It is hard to keep ones personal bias out of things, especially in something as heated and serious as politics.

Nehustan

c0da2006 said:
But it will be her job to implement laws that will benefit homosexuals, and in regards to the civil partnerships bill, make homosexual relationships easier for those in the relationships because they will have the rights which a married heterosexual couple would have.

It is hard to keep ones personal bias out of things, especially in something as heated and serious as politics.

I see your point Coda, but I believe it would not be that hard to do. Politics is heated and serious, certainly heated while issues are being debated, however once they become Codafied (yes I know I spelt it wrong) it all becomes humdrum, and it is about crossing T's and dotting I's.

c0da

I see your point Coda, but I believe it would not be that hard to do. Politics is heated and serious, certainly heated while issues are being debated, however once they become Codafied (yes I know I spelt it wrong) it all becomes humdrum, and it is about crossing T's and dotting I's.
Your exactly right, although I can imagine she would only put a half hearted job into issues of homosexuality. I know I don't put 100% in when I am doing something I dislike or oppose.

You may be right Nehustan, there might not be much she can do to hold back the 'homosexual cause', if that is a suitable way of putting it, but the reaction to her appointment to the job from the public, and especially the gay community, was easily forseeable and I would have thought Mr Blair would have picked somebody more suitable to the job.

mr.guy

crapsack
coda said:
Your exactly right, although I can imagine she would only put a half hearted job into issues of homosexuality. I know I don't put 100% in when I am doing something I dislike or oppose.
In all fairness to catholics, several MP's and our PM were catholic and still voted for homosexual marriage despite the threats from their respective churches; while some were denied communion (temporarily), this is evidence of catholics diligently doing their job as public servants and elected representatives despite their theocratic "obligations".