• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miracles (Does God Exist?)

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
But demanding proof for his non-existence is not logically valid, unless you think it's fair that I demand that you prove the invisible pink unicorn doesn't exist.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
But demanding proof for his non-existence is not logically valid, unless you think it's fair that I demand that you prove the invisible pink unicorn doesn't exist.

Or the elusive flying spaghetti monster? :facepalm: Sure it is valid. Probably more valid than demanding proof of his existence being that something certainly triggered life. Maybe you can pinpoint that something?

Midnight Pete

Surely life itself is the result of a great creator. I think that many are so accustomed to miracles, and God that both are often overlooked as being non existent. If you take God out of life, then you take life out of existence.

[youtube]_-agl0pOQfs[/youtube]
Great song (Miracles) Don't watch if you are offended by language

Tre-L

The ICP makes a good point. I'm surprised to be in agreement with those clowns ...

We compass this life alone, yhbh. No one is asking you to jump in their boat. If you wish to compass live with nothing but yourself as a vessel, then that is your choice. Good luck with it ..... When you tire out, and have nothing left to hold on to maybe you'll realize that God provides. Even if it's just an old log to wrap your arms around.

you missed it...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ahem:

[If] there is a Creator than life is dependent upon His existence. Being that I am one who believes in a Creative force behind life, its only reasonable to believe that life would not exist without that creative force. Would you suggest that there is no higher force behind life? Maybe one day all you critical thinkers will identify the force that triggered creation. Until then, feel free to deny whatever you wish. It doesn't matter either way as life does exist and [you] are able to experience it whether you believe in God or not.
Heh... I was trying to simply point out the hipocrisy of defending your own beliefs on the grounds that if a person doesn't hold a point of view, they can't know it well enough to dismiss it as invalid, while you also dismiss a point of view you don't hold as invalid.

When you are able to prove that there is no creator, I'll concede. Until then you can remain in your little materialized box, deny your maker till you are blue in the face, acknowledge only that which you can see, and criticize those of us who know otherwise.
I've seen more than enough to have a sense of awe for things beyond myself. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that there's any sort of intelligent entity or deliberate intent hiding just out of view that's responsible for it all.

And while a god who's been conveniently defined to avoid any material sign would be difficult if not impossible to disprove, we can still evaluate whether there's any good reason to presume that claims like "God exists" are true.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Surely life itself is the result of a great creator. I think that many are so accustomed to miracles, and God that both are often overlooked as being non existent. If you take God out of life, then you take life out of existence.
Tre-L
Challenge...

Describe a miracle that must be attributed to God. Specifically, your God.

Please do not wast our time with events that can be explained naturally.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If you have the freedom to be an atheist, why shouldn't they have the freedom to be Juggalos?
Matthew 7:15-18
15) Be on the watch for the Juggalos that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16) By their face paint YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather Faygo from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17) Likewise every good music produces fine fruit, but every Psychopathic Records recording buffoon produces worthless music; 18) a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a Juggalo produce fine talent.

Matthew 7:15-18
15) Be on the watch for the Juggalos that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16) By their face paint YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather Faygo from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17) Likewise every good music produces fine fruit, but every Psychopathic Records recording buffoon produces worthless music; 18) a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a Juggalo produce fine talent.

the credibility of ICP is crushed by one line in this song:
"******* magnets, how do THEY work?
and i dont want to talk to a scientist, motha****** lyin' and gettin' me ******."

and even though that's the stupidest thing i've probably ever heard, i still cant help but yell it out whenever i'm bored at work. nobody talks to me anymore.