• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misheard lyrics

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
beckysoup61 said:
Then where did Saturday come in? I'mconfused.:p
The song was used as part of the soundtrack to the movie 'Saturday Night Fever'. ;) The song you are thinking of, however, was actually written before the movie was even conceived (as were the other Bee Gees songs used in the soundtrack). The movie itself, if I remember correctly, came about from an article published in the New York Times.

/useless info session :eek:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Bastet said:
The song is 'Night Fever', and the chorus is:

Night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it (oh).
Gimme that night fever, night fever.
We know how to show it.

From http://www.beegees-world.com/ ...the definitive site for Bee Gees lyrics.

One of my favourite misheard lyrics (found on www.amiright.com) was from that song. I often sing it instead of the real words now. :p
I was always rather partial to 'Oh my toe...'

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I meant to post the misheard lyrics to 'Night Fever' before, but I forgot...

Misheard Lyrics:

I got hair on my mind,
I get higher in Milwaukee
and I'm blowing in the dark Stevie Wonder.

Original Lyrics:

I got fire in my mind,
I get higher in my walkin'
And I'm glowing in the dark,
I give you warning.

:p

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Quoth_The _Raven said:
I was always rather partial to 'Oh my toe...'
Well he does look a little in pain in the film clip when he sings that line...hands clasped to face, shaking his head... :p The real words are "Hope rides on", for those who don't know. ;)

Which reminds me...our Maize thought one Bee Gees line went "Amy when you want me I'll be standing by". :p I still sing that one wrong, too. (Real lyrics: Anyway you want me I'll be standing by").