• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing Co-eds???

powder21

Always Changing
I agree, somewhat, with the point that nutshell is making. Here in the states, it does not seem random as far as what "missing child" stories make it into the national media. It is almost always a cute, middle-class, female. However, I'm not sure it's discrimination. More like what will gather more ratings. Which is a whole other discussion. American news has way more to do with how much money the media can make with a story, rather than what is actually news worthy.

Of course, I still watch it. What else is there? ( That's a rhetorical question :) )

SoyLeche

meh...
I agree, somewhat, with the point that nutshell is making. Here in the states, it does not seem random as far as what "missing child" stories make it into the national media. It is almost always a cute, middle-class, female. However, I'm not sure it's discrimination. More like what will gather more ratings. Which is a whole other discussion. American news has way more to do with how much money the media can make with a story, rather than what is actually news worthy.

Of course, I still watch it. What else is there? ( That's a rhetorical question :) )
Actually, it seems to fit the definition of "discrimination" pretty well. The reasons behind the discrimination are a secondary issue.

isn't it obvius would you rather look for this
doutzen-kroes03.jpg

or this
MakeupNONE.jpg

Last edited: