• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monoreligious Christians only: Evolution: acceptance or denial?

Do you accept evolution?

• I accept evolution as we know it today, and will accept new information in the future

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I accept evolution as we know it today, but may not accept newer information in the future

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I accept "microevolution", but not "macroevolution"

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I do accept "microevolution" and "macroevolution", but not speciation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not accept any form of evolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please explain what I have missed out)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I am not a Christian, but I love polls

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
This thread/poll is only for the monoreligious (as opposed to the polyreligious; the syncretist), so in other words, only for those who identify their religion as Christian, not for Christian + Buddhist + Hindu + Muslim + Shinto + so on.

I keep seeing claims that "most Christians don't accept evolution". This hasn't been my experience.

So I made this poll. Please answer honestly.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I fall more under the umbrella of Progressive Christianity, but I definitely accept evolution. I don't know if I will accept all future ideas, as scientists can be wrong, but I do accept what science can show.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would say that most Christians don't accept evolution though. I think much of it has to do with a supposed idea that religion and science are opposed to each other.

Dinami

One life. One chance.
Knowledge and understanding is the key to everything. I might be a Christian but doesn't make me ignorant of scientific advances and explanations. I might not agree with the whole concept of Evolution but its interesting to know other views besides the religious views on this issue. :)