• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morality

Morality and spirituality, for the two in my own mind cannot be separated, for they must work together as an expression of both moral reasoning and will. But there must be a serious disconnect within the human condition. Given talk of a sixth mass extinction that might very well include us, with the 'Doomsday clock' at three minutes to midnight, signifying the risk of nuclear self destruction, and with catastrophic environmental impacts ready to over whelm us, it has never been more self evident what an unsustainable and destructive species we are. And without sustainability, any claims to be either moral or spiritual are just so much chasing after wind. We remain only an unrealized moral and spiritual potential! The Final Freedoms

Marty

The only true, real morality is the will of God. He lays it all out for us, and it's the only way to get along with everyone, be happy, be safe, and have hope for the future. Anything else is nothing more than wishful thinking, and self delusion.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The only true, real morality is the will of God. He lays it all out for us, and it's the only way to get along with everyone, be happy, be safe, and have hope for the future. Anything else is nothing more than wishful thinking, and self delusion.

Can you lay out this morality, or only hint at it?

Marty

Can you lay out this morality, or only hint at it?
It would take six to twelve months to teach you the scriptures if you are a good smart and fast student. One on one and in person. I'm sure you don't live anywhere near me, so no. Doing so on another person's blog is absurd and public. Not going to happen. I've never had any students learn God's word in less than six months, and most I terminate as students because they are bad students. Maybe YOU could study the inspired word of God on your own, and compare each individual scripture to absolutely every other scripture to get the sense of each one. There is no other way.

Premium Member
It would take six to twelve months to teach you the scriptures if you are a good smart and fast student. One on one and in person. I'm sure you don't live anywhere near me, so no. Doing so on another person's blog is absurd and public. Not going to happen. I've never had any students learn God's word in less than six months, and most I terminate as students because they are bad students. Maybe YOU could study the inspired word of God on your own, and compare each individual scripture to absolutely every other scripture to get the sense of each one. There is no other way.

Shouldn't we ground our morals in something consistent, evidenced, and rational?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
All worthwhile morality is ultimately based on enlightened self-interest. You care how others treat you, therefore you treat them how they'd want to be treated.

Marty

In
All worthwhile morality is ultimately based on enlightened self-interest. You care how others treat you, therefore you treat them how they'd want to be treated.
In YOUR opinion, but not in reality. Just because YOU think it's necessary to not love our neighbor by being completely selfish and self absorbed, does not mean it's correct. It's definately not correct. God invented morality, created us and everything that exists, and is the sovereign ruler of the universe and all that's in it. What makes you think you're more intelligent than the One who created you? Whatever it is that causes you to believe that is at the root of your problem, and it's most likely not solveable. You will, I am certain, refuse to acknowledge it. You're completely predictable. You're one of what God calls the goats. They're the almost entire 7.4 billion alive today who will be exterminated for thinking as you do.

Good night.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
In

In YOUR opinion, but not in reality. Just because YOU think it's necessary to not love our neighbor by being completely selfish and self absorbed, does not mean it's correct. It's definately not correct. God invented morality, created us and everything that exists, and is the sovereign ruler of the universe and all that's in it. What makes you think you're more intelligent than the One who created you? Whatever it is that causes you to believe that is at the root of your problem, and it's most likely not solveable. You will, I am certain, refuse to acknowledge it. You're completely predictable. You're one of what God calls the goats. They're the almost entire 7.4 billion alive today who will be exterminated for thinking as you do.

Good night.

:rolleyes:

Premium Member
I have indicated to you the ONLY THING that is consistent, evidenced, and rational. And you totally miss it.

... the Bible is what I thought you meant. Did I misunderstand?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I have indicated to you the ONLY THING that is consistent, evidenced, and rational. And you totally miss it.

You think your ridiculous imaginary friend is consistent, evidenced or rational? Seriously?