• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Motives For Belief

linwood

I believe what I do because it makes the most sense to me. No more, no less. What about you?

That about sums it up for me as well.

Originally Posted by mball1297
I'm an atheist because I want to eat babies, beat up old women and cute puppies and have lots of sex with guys, girls, trannies, centaurs, giraffes and llamas, and so I consciously deny God so that I don't feel so bad about doing that stuff.

I'm just in it for the centaur sex, personally. :beach:

I`ve got to get back on the mailing list.

I`m missing out on all the good stuff.

eclectic23

eclectic23
first i would like to thank storm for all of her interesting information. looks like i have alot of reading to do! i loved the quote on eternal life. ive often asked "if im a good person why should i have to worry about burning in hell? " regardless of what I believe.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I believe as I do because I am incapable of believing differently. To change would require some external catalyst that undermines my mental model of reality.

eclectic23

eclectic23
Because riding winged steeds over 700 miles in mid air is impossible! however, turning water into wine, and duplicating fish is just a job well done! :D

I jest though ;) no bad intentions just making a comical point.
i think it all comes down to individual interpretation. many people believe that "winged steeds" refer to alien intervention. im not saying that i believe in this...but it could explain alot of ancient mysteries of how people knew about things that only our present day tecnology allows us to know. more plausable than noah sailing to australia for a kangaroo? maybe. i try not focus on the interpretation of others and try to understand for myself the story behind the story. religion is like a game of telephone. i believe there are some truths in all religion. the challenge is realizing that "books of god" were written by people who dont have the education we have. if you read a story about a man that woke up from the dead and became a zombie, your understanding of the present day world would tell you that it was simply a coma. many religions branch off the belief in adam and eve. there desendants have different followers and have created many different religions. i have read stories that say that eve had a similar experience. you would be suprised just how many religions have the same stories. actually most do.