• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims Don't Hate Christians

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
In fact some verses in the Quran ask Muslims to hate and destroy unbelievers. Here are those versus:

Sura 9, verse 5, reads: "fight and slay unbelievers wherever ye find them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war. But if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them . . . ."

Sura 9, verse 29, reads: "fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, even if they are of the 40 people of the book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 5, verse 51 reads: "Oh ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends and protectors; they are but friends of protectors of each other. And he amongst you that turns to them for friendship is of them. Verily Allah guideth not the unjust."

Sura 3, verse 28, introduces the doctrine of taqiyya, which holds that Muslims should not be friends with the infidel except as deception, always with the end goal of converting, subduing, or destroying them.

Sura 5, verse 64. And the Jews say: The hand of Allah is tied up! Their hands shall be shackled and they shall be cursed for what they say. Nay, both His hands are spread out, He expends as He pleases; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord will certainly make many of them increase in inordinacy and unbelief; and We have put enmity and hatred among them till the day of resurrection; whenever they kindle a fire for war Allah puts it out, and they strive to make mischief in the land; and Allah does not love the mischief-makers.

These are only fragments of the Quraan. Fragments standing alone could give a complete wrong impression. Complete chapters should be read, all parts of related to the subject connected, maybe even from other chapters, then a final conclusion can be made. Plus, some verses have their own times and situations that they, the verses, don't apply in a general sense but only to those times and situations.

Take this for an example:
Chapter 60 Verse 8: Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

It does not generally conflict with any of your examples, it's only one of the fragments that's connected to other ones to give a full conclusion.

Holy books, like Quraan and Bible, aren't just simple teachings, they are integrated and cannot be divided into small parts and taken individually.

If only all Muslims were like you. May your tribe increase!

Thank you :)

I myself wish the same thing for them to come to their senses instead of keeping ruining the reputation of Islam more than it already is.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You might compare today's Islamic regimes to Western nations existing hundreds of years ago, but not today. For most of today's Islamic nations, there is no such thing as a political institution without a strong Islamic bias. In today's world, Islamic nations are extreme examples. Western nations have become mostly democratized.

Yes, Islamic nations tend to be in a bad state for a number of reasons and it's not only because of religious extremism either.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hey all, how's it going :)

I'm an Orthodox Muslim and I don't hate anyone simply because of their beliefs.

Well frankly, I used to hate some, specially Christians and Jews, but as I grew up and matured, I realized that I was in grave error and now I feel really bad about it. Beliefs must be considered according to what they are, not for what its so called people do.

Individuals represent them selves not what they claim to be and follow.

I understand why many hate Muslims, but I assure you that I and so many good Muslims, the media don't get a hold of, don't deserve such hatred.

My Islamic teachings are to never take anyone, no matter what their beliefs are, as enemies unless they wage war to kill or to exile me from my home, and only as an act of defense.

Anyway, the bottom line is, Orthodox Islam does not teach to hate non Muslims. I don't.

Love ya all :)

I believe, I found people friendly when I attended an Islamic prayer service on a Friday afternoon. My fellow church members acted as though I were walking into the halls of hell but I had reasons to believe otherwise.

I invited my friend to visit my church but he never did. Is there an injunction against Muslims attending a church as there once was with Roman Catholics who were told that going to a Protestant Church would eran them a place in hell?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I believe, I found people friendly when I attended an Islamic prayer service on a Friday afternoon. My fellow church members acted as though I were walking into the halls of hell but I had reasons to believe otherwise.

I invited my friend to visit my church but he never did. Is there an injunction against Muslims attending a church as there once was with Roman Catholics who were told that going to a Protestant Church would eran them a place in hell?

Nope, there isn't any.

Muslims are allowed to visit any worshiping place of any religion (churches, synagogues, temples, etc.) and Islam allows any non Muslims to visit or enter mosques. No restrictions of any sort.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Islamist movement is recent and emerged as a violent backlash to what is seen as Westernization as well as having a strong aspect of Arab and Muslim nationalism.
Sooo... what's wrong with the West? The fact that we treat women as equals and aren't bound up by outdated religious rules? Or the fact that we totally support the East by buying all their oil?

Nationalism? What's wrong with the existence of other nations? Especially Israel?