• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must have albums

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
darkpenguin said:
INXS - Kick, awsome album!

YES!!!!

"A Night at the Opera" by Queen

"The Immaculate Collection" by Madonna

"GHV2" by Madonna

"Nothing's Shocking" and "Ritual De Lo Habitual" by Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking was better)

"Violent Femmes" by the Violent Femmes

"Vivid" and "Time's Up" by Living Colour (This band ROCKS!)

Peace,
Mystic

cardero

Citizen Mod
MysticSang'ha said:
YES!!!!

"A Night at the Opera" by Queen

"The Immaculate Collection" by Madonna

"GHV2" by Madonna

"Nothing's Shocking" and "Ritual De Lo Habitual" by Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking was better)

"Violent Femmes" by the Violent Femmes

"Vivid" and "Time's Up" by Living Colour (This band ROCKS!)

Peace,
Mystic

Four out of six, now its frubal time.

cardero

Citizen Mod
MysticSang'ha said:
Got something against the "Material Girl"? LOL

Peace,
Mystic

The only Madonna album I own is "You Can Dance" which I wouldn't really consider a "must own album". By the way I looked back through these pages of this thread and I realized I owe you a lot more frubals. In fact everyone has some great albums in this thread.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
cardero said:
The only Madonna album I own is "You Can Dance" which I wouldn't really consider a "must own album". By the way I looked back through these pages of this thread and I realized I owe you a lot more frubals. In fact everyone has some great albums in this thread.

I wouldn't consider that a "must own album" either, Cardero. ;)

Other than her greatest hits releases, "Like a Prayer" was probably her most ambitious work that was well crafted. I really didn't care all that much for her "Ray of Light" days. :eek:

THE concert to see her would have to be her Down Under concert DVD. We don't have it at the moment, but I occasionally remember that I need to get it. However, that's going a bit off topic.

Peace,
Mystic

RevOxley_501

Circle_One said:
Don't worry about being an Elitist, Rev. I'm a total music elitist and am damn proud of it :D

As for Linkin Park, I'm on the same page as you. The singer's a hottie, but reeeeaalllly not a fan of the music.

im normally not that way, until it comes to the always unoriginal CRAP that gets played on MTV all the time. I can almost promise you that if it gets in the top 100 count down it PROBABLY doesnt have much ORIGINAL content.

Even the Hardcore HxC scene is becoming generic and over rated. this is why i thank God every day for Zao---the absolute most wonderful band in the world

i know i push them alot...but how can you not love this: www.myspace.com\zao

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
RevOxley_501 said:
im normally not that way, until it comes to the always unoriginal CRAP that gets played on MTV all the time. I can almost promise you that if it gets in the top 100 count down it PROBABLY doesnt have much ORIGINAL content.

Funny, popular contemporary music has been getting that kind of rep for..............oh.......... a gazillion years now. :p

It's always been somewhat trendy to snub at pop music in general, but consider pop music is where legends like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and the Beatles shined. I can understand that bands like Metallica were edgier before they "sold out" (some say), but utilizing mass appeal for exposure to some of bands' lesser known work can be just fine, too.

BTW, I listened to your link. Not bad IMO (although it's the first time I'd heard it, so maybe I need to listen to it more?)

Ever hear of Nile? :)

http://www.nile-catacombs.net/

From all that I've heard from "Death Metal", "Black Metal", or that really really really really fast and loud metal (however you call it), I think this band ranks up there in the originality department.

Peace,
Mystic

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
The soundtrack for "The Last Temptation of Christ", by Peter Gabriel. It really made the movie.

You'll need a good sound system.

x

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am a music freak, I 'm afraid; I have most of Mike Oldfield's recordings, Joan Baez (believe it or not, but I listed 200 tracks of hers), but I love classical, Ex-Cathedra, and am now collecting African music 9to try and feel at home).

I would say though that Mike Oldfield's Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Crises (and, of course Tubular bells) are my favourites.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Ah. Mike Oldfield and Tubular bells.

I saw The Exorcist at the drive-in. BIG screen. At the time, it was the most shocking movie to ever come along. Perfect soundtrack for it. Very distinct and memorable.

x

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Michael Jackson "Thriller" (everyone NEEDS a copy of this album)
I'll pass on that one.

AC/DC - Back in Black
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Led Zepplin - IV

I'll think of more later.