• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My attempt at the Book of Revelations

Just_me_Mike

After reading the mess that was in the other post titled revelations, I thought I would give it a try. I am particularly fond of this book, as a lot has been revealed lately.

Any questions? :)

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
Revelation is my favorite book and the mystery of what we are trying to understand as believers is why i dig into this book so deeply.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I love Revelation; but I understand a lot of it to be metaphorical. :)

So, what do you believe about it, itwillend? :)

Just_me_Mike

I love Revelation; but I understand a lot of it to be metaphorical. :)

So, what do you believe about it, itwillend? :)

As you know I left RF for a while. I have come back with a new respect for everyone that I may not have had enough of before.

Your question is quite open ended, however in summary the book of Rev is an integral part of the rest of the bible and for me, when read as such a majority of it makes sense without much trouble.

Anything in particular in Rev you would like my opinion on?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Welcome back :)

Hmmm... let me see.
What's your take on... the second coming, antiChrist, New Jerusalem, and the Lake of Fire? ;)

Just_me_Mike

Welcome back :)

Hmmm... let me see.
What's your take on... the second coming, antiChrist, New Jerusalem, and the Lake of Fire? ;)

Thank you for welcoming me back.

Cute I can probably write a book on each subject you mentioned.

Just_me_Mike

Art requires an artist, no?
Yes art does require and artist. Though to begin a painting there has to be something inside of you that needs to get out. As of now, I have nothing burning inside worthy of expressing itself into a full length book.

Just lots of ideas and lots of quesitons.

rstrats

itwillend,

re: "My attempt at the Book of Revelations...Any questions?"

I have one; any particular reason for adding an "s" at the end of Revelation?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
After reading the mess that was in the other post titled revelations, I thought I would give it a try. I am particularly fond of this book, as a lot has been revealed lately.

Hi itwillend, this question may extend beyond your intended parameters, but do you consider there is a correlation between the beast with ten horns with seven heads of Rev. 13:1, and the four beasts with a total of seven heads and the last of which had ten horns of Daniel 7:3-7?

Just_me_Mike

itwillend,

re: "My attempt at the Book of Revelations...Any questions?"

I have one; any particular reason for adding an "s" at the end of Revelation?

None at all, I tend to think of the book as multiple revealings, so it is natura to type it like that, even though it is titled without an s.

Just_me_Mike

Hi itwillend, this question may extend beyond your intended parameters, but do you consider there is a correlation between the beast with ten horns with seven heads of Rev. 13:1, and the four beasts with a total of seven heads and the last of which had ten horns of Daniel 7:3-7?
Ben D this is a very difficult passage in both books, and is widely explained by many different people to mean many different things. I understand my view is just one of them.

Yes, to your question. It is talking about the same thing, however giving different accounts or rather slightly different information about the same events.

If you are interested in understanding it from my perspective, you'll have to understand the beast that is wounded and healed is Satan when Jesus rose from the dead. Satan's greatest weapon at that time was the power of death, so it was quite a blow to him when someone rose from the dead. However, as we read further, the beast was healed. Which is just demonstrating, that near the end of the world, it will appear that Satan has one, because of the great deception around the world.

As far as all the references to the different beasts, they are all referring to Satan, but at different times throughout history and on into the end of time.

Since satan won't be destroyed until the end, we know the he is pictured as different beasts, that describes his roles. There are not multiple beasts, but multiple descriptions of the same beast.

phuti

Aspiring Saint
Hi, Sorry to join in uninvited. i've always understood/imagined the passage to be talking of Kingdoms and not Satan as the great beast. I also think so bcoz in Revelation 13 it says that the dragon(Satan) gave the beast power.

Simalarly, in Daniel, the same beast in the parable/vision is translated to being a form of government and the heads being Kings in that Kingdom/Empire.

Therefore the one head of the seven that is wounded, would amazingly heal, such that the people of the world would marvel and consider it to be something worthy of praise and therefore follow the beast. well, not to repeat what is written, but in Daniel the Angel who speaks with Daniel gives an explanation of the vision in a similar context.

I think, God, in the Book, gave us account of the things to come, the state of nations in those days, the kinds of governments, and the key events of those days leading to the end. And to understand the Book in itself, you'd have to understand that "The world is the Lord's and its fullness" He sets up kings, and he throws them down.

Just_me_Mike

Hi, Sorry to join in uninvited. i've always understood/imagined the passage to be talking of Kingdoms and not Satan as the great beast. I also think so bcoz in Revelation 13 it says that the dragon(Satan) gave the beast power.

Simalarly, in Daniel, the same beast in the parable/vision is translated to being a form of government and the heads being Kings in that Kingdom/Empire.

Therefore the one head of the seven that is wounded, would amazingly heal, such that the people of the world would marvel and consider it to be something worthy of praise and therefore follow the beast. well, not to repeat what is written, but in Daniel the Angel who speaks with Daniel gives an explanation of the vision in a similar context.

I think, God, in the Book, gave us account of the things to come, the state of nations in those days, the kinds of governments, and the key events of those days leading to the end. And to understand the Book in itself, you'd have to understand that "The world is the Lord's and its fullness" He sets up kings, and he throws them down.
As I mentioned in my brief view, there are many versions that people ascribe too with these beasts and dragons.
My view is that God is not concerned with governments at all. In fact the New Testament says:
Ephesians ch 6 vs 12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
This along with many other areas of the NT confirm it is not about fleshy or earthly governements, but the powers behind those things.

Furthermore, Satan already has goverments under his control, because most governments already seperate church and state. We find then that the last place for Satan to conquer is the corporate church. Of course he will never defeat the spiritual eternal church, but he will take over the physical earthly church.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
As I mentioned in my brief view, there are many versions that people ascribe too with these beasts and dragons.
My view is that God is not concerned with governments at all. In fact the New Testament says:
This along with many other areas of the NT confirm it is not about fleshy or earthly governements, but the powers behind those things.

Furthermore, Satan already has goverments under his control, because most governments already seperate church and state. We find then that the last place for Satan to conquer is the corporate church. Of course he will never defeat the spiritual eternal church, but he will take over the physical earthly church.

OK, have no problem with that, but the question still remains, which earthy government, earthy church, and or earthy institution does Revelation/Daniel refer to as beasts, horns, etc..

Now if the beast of Rev. 13:1 and Dan 7:3-7. represent the same earthy institution, which one is it? Though even without yet an reasonable idea as to what it represents, the next questions can be asked. Is the beast of 13:11 that came up out of the earth and had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon, the same as the little horn of Daniel 7:8 that appeared among the ten horns that rooted up three of the horns to make room for itself?

Now we can agree that there are indeed 'dark' spiritual powers behind these beasts and horns, but surely it would be helpful to understand which of the earthy institutions it is that deceive all the people of the world except the elect?

Just_me_Mike

OK, have no problem with that, but the question still remains, which earthy government, earthy church, and or earthy institution does Revelation/Daniel refer to as beasts, horns, etc..

Now if the beast of Rev. 13:1 and Dan 7:3-7. represent the same earthy institution, which one is it? Though even without yet an reasonable idea as to what it represents, the next questions can be asked. Is the beast of 13:11 that came up out of the earth and had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon, the same as the little horn of Daniel 7:8 that appeared among the ten horns that rooted up three of the horns to make room for itself?

Now we can agree that there are indeed 'dark' spiritual powers behind these beasts and horns, but surely it would be helpful to understand which of the earthy institutions it is that deceive all the people of the world except the elect?
Ben D, there are a couple of things to consider. One, Satan is a spiritual force, therefor influences many things. He will influence kids in a park, leaders in a church, and also people in governments.
To read Revelation and focus on a single government or single corporate body, is to completely under estimate Satan and his role.

For example, Rev 13:11 we see something like a lamb with two horns but speaks as a dragon.

Who is the lamb of God? What does a lamb represent? Well we are told the only way to heaven is through the lamb of God right? So we can begin to see Satan will want to be viewed as a lamb, deceiving who he can.
Remember satan goes about as a roaring lion seeking to devour who he can.

I guess my point is, is satan is super busy, not in a particular government, but rather like a master propaganda machine decieving anyone anywhere.

For Christians, the last safe place was the church, but we see the NT says Satan becomes the angel of light, taking a seat in the high place. We know as the church starts to fall away, the end is near.

Back to the beasts in Daniel and Rev, from my view you will never find a single government or single person to fit any of these beasts. To do so, would be to misunderstand satan and how crafty he is. There are many who write books on said subject, and want real hard to fit Russian in with these beasts, and many other variations.

Again Satan starts in grade school, kids choosing the cool ones and seperating the losers. Satan builds division early on so that later the love God offers is no where to be found. Satan is after souls and desires, not buildings and goverments.

From my perspective you need to understand Satan in this way before Rev makes much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renji

What have you found out on the book of revelations lately anyway? That book is full of symbolism and mysteries.;)