• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My blog

Deidre

I've had a couple of journals and the topics always kind of went awry..but I'd like to keep this one for my daily/weekly reflections that I post on a blog I've started using wordpress. If you've never tried wordpress, it's so cool! :) Just thought I'd share with you all. :sunflower:

Just started it yesterday.

Today's reflection...

https://everydaybelieverblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/not-just-another-work-day/

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Personally, without faith, my work would seem rather listless and meaningless. With faith, my life has purpose. My work is for a greater good, and when I serve the Lord in humility, my job becomes something greater than who I am, or what I’m supposed to be doing.
I think I have found this too. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi savagewind :) It takes some time, but when we come to terms with that life is so much richer with God at the center of it, Idk...just means more than it otherwise might mean. (IMHO)
I think it sure is funnier. My faith protects me from taking myself and what I think about too seriously. I find that even the most frightening insight holds some light-heartedness and I can laugh to ease the weight of it.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Very good Deidre, you aren't working to make rich bald white guys richer, but to enrich your soul and to make God very happy and by making God happy, you are bringing grace to the Earth and enriching earth.

As an Atheist you served old rich bald white guys. Now you serve Jesus who is very old but he isn't white he's Jewish, and he isn't bald or materialistic. he's very Charming ,talented, ambitious, and articulate. He is your only boss now.

Now you are saving souls and all you do is an act a love, an offering and sacrifice to sew a good harvest.

Can I please call you Mother Teresa? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I've had a couple of journals and the topics always kind of went awry..but I'd like to keep this one for my daily/weekly reflections that I post on a blog I've started using wordpress. If you've never tried wordpress, it's so cool! :) Just thought I'd share with you all. :sunflower:
Just started it yesterday.
Today's reflection...
https://everydaybelieverblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/not-just-another-work-day/
I also have blog at wordpress:
https://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/
Regards

Deidre

Could you explain more what you mean by men must lead women?

A more traditional Christian view of marriage, meaning men are the spiritual heads of the household. This doesn't mean men and women are not equal in their partnerships,nor does it mean men control women. But, it means more along the lines of men leading their households, as Jesus led the church. It's a big responsibility.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A more traditional Christian view of marriage, meaning men are the spiritual heads of the household. This doesn't mean men and women are not equal in their partnerships,nor does it mean men control women. But, it means more along the lines of men leading their households, as Jesus led the church. It's a big responsibility.
Thus far I have seen you ressurect, bloom, and grow without a man to lead you :D

Deidre

Thus far I have seen you ressurect, bloom, and grow without a man to lead you :D
hahaha! Hmmm... ;)

I think that when a couple gets married, the two become one flesh, at least this is what I've come to genuinely want for my own marriage, and my fiance, while a moderate Christian, feels the same.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
hahaha! Hmmm... ;)

I think that when a couple gets married, the two become one flesh, at least this is what I've come to genuinely want for my own marriage, and my fiance, while a moderate Christian, feels the same.
Not just marriage:
1 Corinthians 6:16 (CJB) Don't you know that a man who joins himself to a prostitute becomes physically one with her? For the Tanakh says, "The two will become one flesh";

Deidre

Just an artful image online that caught my eye tonight...there's a lot of beauty in life, unique and rich...if we but stop to notice it.

hqdefault.jpg