• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My blog

Deidre

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.'' Matthew 6:24

Always liked this quote. Money can also be substituted for anything we place in the way of God.

Deidre

Well, I'm no longer engaged. This ended roughly two weeks ago. We have parted ways, thought we could maintain some semblance of a friendship, but he prefers cutting contact. It hasn't been as hard as you might imagine. He and I loved one another, but love sometimes isn't enough. You have to be compatible on a number of levels, and we weren't. Better to learn now than well into the marriage or something. I appreciate the well wishes of those who have talked with me about it privately, and on my profile. I'm actually growing interested in a friend of mine, who shared his feelings with me recently. Just taking things slow, and enjoying my new life after being engaged for the past several months. Here's to the future! :heart:

Deidre

Very happy in my faith, and can't imagine my life without it, anymore. I'm intrigued by Zoroastrianism, as it's a philosophy that seems rich with morality, and practical everyday living advice. I hope to apply some of the principles, without contradicting my Christian beliefs.

That's it for now. :sunflower: