• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My-Body"

chinu

chinu
Because, when one uses the term "My-Body". it means "My" is some another personality which is not the "Body" itself.

Isn't this an evidence of "Soul" for the people who doesn't believe there's any "Soul" in their body ?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Because, when one uses the term "My-Body". it means "My" is some another personality which is not the "Body" itself.

Isn't this an evidence of "Soul" for the people who doesn't believe there's any "Soul" in their body ?
no not at all. All my is doing is stateing who's body is being refered to. Ie mine, your, theirs, ours, etc

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

When people talk about their feet having soles. Isn't this also evidence of "souls"?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I have a conscious, in many ways I AM my conscious, however that conscious is housed within a medium - my body (in particular my brain) which is so integral to the function of my conscious that it is an extension of self. Were it possible to discard my body (such as to upload my conscious into a computer) then perhaps it might be possible that I might consider my body differently, however there is currently which suggests this to be possible at the moment save for technological developments.

chinu

chinu
no not at all. All my is doing is stateing who's body is being refered to. Ie mine, your, theirs, ours, etc
Again you are using the similar term here "Who's-Body", which sounds that the "Body", and the one to whom this body belongs to, are two different things.. loll :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Again you are using the similar term here "Who's-Body", which sounds that the "Body", and the one to whom this body belongs to, are two different things.. loll :)

No, that's is not implied at all. Perrhaps you misunderstand the use of my?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

... and they also say "my soul" so whoever I is isn't the soul either. :)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
When there is a question, doesn't that mean one would like to hear others opinions?

Otherwise, isn't blogging more effective?
Then one can just use imperatives instead of refuting every reply.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Its still the mind saying its my body, the mind and body are one, but beyond the mind body is a different story. We are in truth pure Consciousness, or Essence, we are not separate little souls, we are One in Consciousness, we only seem separate within the mind body. At so called death the mind body organism disolves back to its elements, the Consciousness goes now where, it is where it always has been.

desideraht

Hellspawn

No, this is a sign of the Ego.

But I consider the Soul and the Ego to by synonymous.
Additionally, I feel the Soul/Ego is annihilated upon Death, and that it absolutely relies on our bodies. It may be "in" our bodies, but it cannot leave our bodies, as it is a product of the Brain.

chinu

chinu
Its still the mind saying its my body, the mind and body are one, but beyond the mind body is a different story. We are in truth pure Consciousness, or Essence, we are not separate little souls, we are One in Consciousness, we only seem separate within the mind body. At so called death the mind body organism disolves back to its elements, the Consciousness goes now where, it is where it always has been.
If the question is; What relation is Soul with Mind ?
Mind(Ego) is like a dodder which has no roots, But grows around the Tree(Soul) by taking food from it.

Yes, its the mind saying its my body, but mind itself is not conscious. Thus its both "Soul+Mind" who is using the term "My-Body" :)

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
No, this is a sign of the Ego.

But I consider the Soul and the Ego to by synonymous.
Additionally, I feel the Soul/Ego is annihilated upon Death, and that it absolutely relies on our bodies. It may be "in" our bodies, but it cannot leave our bodies, as it is a product of the Brain.
Really, do you think that soul/ego will not exist anywhere in the universe after death ? is it the complete end of one's incomplete desires ? :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Nope. It's simply a possessive. MY body, as opposed to YOUR body.

Ablaze

Buddham Saranam Gacchami
The term "my" is merely a convenient designator, employed for the sake of communication. It does not refer to anything above and beyond the body.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

I've also heard, multiple times, people say "My soul". You are thinking deep, but not in the right direction - Just because the body is something that pertains to you, it doesn't mean that it can't be you as well.

The whole system is you. The body alone, the soul alone, the mind alone, etc. is not the self, the self is all put together.