• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dad

Sees

Dragonslayer
Hello brother - he is with your mom and other loved ones who have already journeyed beyond, watching over you now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It occurs to me that you & your family are so fortunate that your father is respected & missed.
When my father died, most of us felt relief that the hated old buzzard (cleaned up language here)
was finally gone. Your father left a great legacy. Mine left....well....that's for another day.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you Sees, inChrist, debate slayer, sandandfoam, smart guy, oldbadger, for your kind words and understanding.

gnostic

The Lost One
I have just come home from my father's funeral services.

It was physically and emotionally exhausting.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
It occurs to me that you & your family are so fortunate that your father is respected & missed.
When my father died, most of us felt relief that the hated old buzzard (cleaned up language here)
was finally gone. Your father left a great legacy. Mine left....well....that's for another day.

Peace be on you. No hard feeling. Please cover up. In deep heart, he had love for you for sure. Thanks. May you have his peaceful memories.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Very sorry for your loss, Gnostic. I lost my mother on December 20th of last year and my dad on his birthday in 2011, so I too have lost both my parents and it just downright sucks really bad. No other way to put it.

Wishing you peace and emotional healing sooner than later. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Malvika Soori

Enjoy the time
Feeling really very bad for you, but he is always with you, in your dreams, in your steps, in your good thing & in your shadow....

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Sorry, Gnostic. My dad died when I was eleven, but I know age doesn't make it any easier. If it's any consolation I had a person tell me that you never get over it, but you do get used to it. Hang in there.

gnostic

The Lost One
iti oj said:
Belated hugs
It is not too late.

I got hugs at the funeral today....no, it passed midnight right now, so "yesterday".

So it's not too late. So thank you.

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you, bsm1, Malvika soori, knight of Albion, and mister T.

And, oh, btw, Malvika soori. Welcome to RF. We are glad to have you here...even though it is sad time for me.

MD

qualiaphile
Hi gnostic, very sorry to hear about your dad. I don't know about your beliefs but I believe in reincarnation.

Take comfort in knowing that he lived a long life and you and your loved ones should aspire to live life as fully and justly as you can. That's all we can do to honour the loved ones we have lost.

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you shahz and dawny.

I am agnostic, shahz, and I usually see scriptural stories to be myths, legends, with sometimes a bit of history in it.

Don't get me wrong though, I like myths. They are fascinating traditional storytellings, which showed how the ancient people think back then. If I did like myths, than I wouldn't be creating websites, like Timeless Myths and Dark Mirrors of Heaven.

As to my parents, they followed a mixture of Taoism and Chinese folk religion (shenism, which include ancestor worshipping), with a touch of Mahāyāna Buddhism.

Believe or not, since we moved to Australia, we have adopted a couple western traditions, like Christmas and Easter celebration, but not the Christian Christmas and Easter (note that the exception is my older sister and her family is only the ones who celebrated these holidays in Christian manners).

I talking about Christmas decoration, Christmas trees, the giving of Christmas presents, Christmas dinner, and Easter eggs and Good Friday dinner of seafood and roast lamb.

We also have Chinese versions of Christmas and Easter that are celebrated before the western version, which coincide with winter solstice and spring equinox in China.

Last edited: