• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My feelings about women

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Some of this I have mentioned but whatever. I care so much for women mainly because of how oppressive men have treated them in the past. I do not like being a man. I will not get a sex change because I will not feel the same things as a woman. Believe when I say I am forced to remain a man. But that is not all. Before I converted to Norse I gave other religions a try like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, and Sikhism. But I felt nothing from them. I went into Paganism and Norse because my Family came to The United States of Oppression from Sweden. And the Vikings they were know for their rapes. I am both proud and ashamed at what they did in their time. Proud because they are not the Barbarians people think they were, but there is a good chance one or more of my ancestors is a rapist. For someone with my mind frame that is hard to accept. Also my first love...things ended badly. Our relationship was failing and her love for me became warped. Her idea to keep me was blackmail and she threatened to go to the police and claim...well take a guess. I loved her but that well it was way too much. I couldn't ask another girl out for over seven years. Yet I am incredibly anti-rape. I just am strange and most would say my mind is broken because of my bizarre nature. Sorry if I sound like a whiny emo idiot.

Kori

You definitely don't "sound like a whiny emo idiot". And you'll be relieved to know that despite the stereotype of hypermasculine Vikings raping and pillaging all they saw, Norse law and culture tended to grant women more rights than the more southerly Christian European states of the same era.

I know but slave women didn't have it so easy in a lot of regards. Yes like in other places they very well could have had a master or mistress that didn't rape them, yeah I know their are women that did rape other women.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Some of this I have mentioned but whatever. I care so much for women mainly because of how oppressive men have treated them in the past. I do not like being a man. I will not get a sex change because I will not feel the same things as a woman. Believe when I say I am forced to remain a man. But that is not all. Before I converted to Norse I gave other religions a try like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, and Sikhism. But I felt nothing from them. I went into Paganism and Norse because my Family came to The United States of Oppression from Sweden. And the Vikings they were know for their rapes. I am both proud and ashamed at what they did in their time. Proud because they are not the Barbarians people think they were, but there is a good chance one or more of my ancestors is a rapist. For someone with my mind frame that is hard to accept. Also my first love...things ended badly. Our relationship was failing and her love for me became warped. Her idea to keep me was blackmail and she threatened to go to the police and claim...well take a guess. I loved her but that well it was way too much. I couldn't ask another girl out for over seven years. Yet I am incredibly anti-rape. I just am strange and most would say my mind is broken because of my bizarre nature. Sorry if I sound like a whiny emo idiot.

Out of curiosity have you tried not having a religion before?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're not responsible for things done by other people, who are beyond your control.
You can pick what group you identify with, be it a religion, a political party, etc.

Kori

You're not responsible for things done by other people, who are beyond your control.
You can pick what group you identify with, be it a religion, a political party, etc.

I know, we get labeled what we are in those regards too like Muslims and Communists.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The sins of the parents die with the parents. None of us are responsible for any atrocities our ancestors may have committed. The only thing we're responsible for is making sure we don't repeat those same atrocities, or perpetuate the systems of oppression they may have built up.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The Vikings raped no more or less than any other armed group of people being ***** to each other from 800 to 1100 or so. In fact, in Norse society there had laws against rape, and the woman could accuse the man who raped or almost raped her of her own accord and be compensated. Not her father, her husband, or her nearest male relative. She could do it and she was the one seen as the victim. Not as damaged property, like it was in the rest of Europe. Women could also testify(if they owned property, but that went for men too), and their say weighed equally to that of a man's.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittlePinky82

I agree with this. To the op I'm a white American and used to be a Christian long ago. My family came here on the mayflower on both sides. One side of the family was just like anyone else lol and my dad's side one of my ancestors fell in love with a Native woman (her name was Anna Love lol).

So, I can get that. And from things with religion. Just don't worry about it. You know your spiritual beliefs (or lack there of?) and that's all that matters. Whatever the world wants to call it shouldn't be your concern right now. You seem to be a good person and that's what counts at the end of the day. I'm sorry that happened to you with that person that you loved and things worked out like that. It seems like it really affected you and I'm sorry that happened.

You're self-aware with yourself and you obviously deeply care about people.

So, I agree with Rev here that you can pick who to identify with in those issues. Don't let the past define your present and future and who you are.

:hugehug:

I know, we get labeled what we are in those regards too like Muslims and Communists.

This world likes labels but really it shouldn't concern you with what other people want to say about you and your label. I'm in the south and am a communist lol. I used to worry about that a lot and hide my political beliefs even on social media. But I finally found the courage to say no way. I know who I am and my label doesn't define me. How I think and feel about things does.

Kori

The Vikings raped no more or less than any other armed group of people being dicks to each other from 800 to 1100 or so. In fact, in Norse society there had laws against rape, and the woman could accuse the man who raped or almost raped her of her own accord and be compensated. Not her father, her husband, or her nearest male relative. She could do it and she was the one seen as the victim. Not as damaged property, like it was in the rest of Europe. Women could also testify(if they owned property, but that went for men too), and their say weighed equally to that of a man's.

Some Pagan laws were better than others. But the slavery issue still bugs me.

LittlePinky82

I think it's going to be hard to find somewhere that didn't have slavery for the most part? Have you tried Native American spirituality?

I know there were tribes back then that had women on councils and some all women councils and the tribe respected women in an authority nature and looked to them for advice.

LittlePinky82

I know, but I still don't like it.

Have you ever looked into reiki? Do you know about it? Perhaps something you can do as an exercise is send reiki to the past. It might help you feel better and maybe can help those spirits that have long since gone on that might be still affected by it. I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are in terms of things like that.

Kori

I think it's going to be hard to find somewhere that didn't have slavery for the most part? Have you tried Native American spirituality?

I know there were tribes back then that had women on councils and some all women councils and the tribe respected women in an authority nature and looked to them for advice.

I have Native American in me. My Great Grandmother was Native American but I am fine with Norse. I have my disagreements but I still love the Gods and Goddesses.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Norse slavery, like Roman slavery, wasn't that terrible. The Thrall was expected to be treated fairly(Thor was the Protector of Thralls), and when his master died they could expect a portion of the land his master owned for himself, the size depending on how long he had served as a Thrall.

LittlePinky82

I have Native American in me. My Great Grandmother was Native American but I am fine with Norse. I have my disagreements but I still love the Gods and Goddesses.

That's cool maybe you can look into something with that. The Native people were and are very spiritual and have a really great relationship to the Earth. I know there are meditations out there that use Native instruments. Have you thought about trying that?

Kori

That's cool maybe you can look into something with that. The Native people were and are very spiritual and have a really great relationship to the Earth. I know there are meditations out there that use Native instruments. Have you thought about trying that?

I forgot to put full blooded Native American, but I do not which tribe.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It was everywhere.
In some places "slavery" was much worse than it was here in the USA. Africans used to work mines by people that were simply thrown down a hole, never to get out, and only fed if they sent up ore.

It wasn't you and other people's crimes are not a reflection on you in any way. Especially not a group as large as "men".
Tom