• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My life in the ICOC... and why I think it's a cult.

Baerly

We have a completely different view of Grace. You see it as "just gifts", and I see it as absorbing the character of God.

Works is dead. You can not rely on external acts to save you. II Cor 3 teaches this.

Love is alive. God is love. The more we love, the more we act like God. The more we act like God, the more we love. THIS is what grace is really all about. You can see the person saved by grace through their loving actions. The heart is the source of everything and God knows it well.

But this is probably best for another thread... in fact we are discussing that here: Christian Faith and Law

Hello again Pete, I want to have the mind of Christ (Phil.2:5).

I find that (Titus 2:11,12) teaches us that grace teaches us to do some things and not to do others (N.T.Law). A law would fit that bill would it not? That is exactly what This verse is talking about.

So grace actually brought us the N.T Law. To Talk about the Law is to be talking about grace.

Pete, whatever we learn or teach others must be found in the bible (2Tim.2:2) (1Peter 4:11).

Don't you agree?

Baerly

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I really feel for you to have gone through all that for....What...?

I am the exact Antithesis of what they were wanting from you.

Fortunately the Anglican church, all though having a complete theology that it both follows and teaches,
is also a very open church that allows considerable scope to individual members.
It's priests though prepared to discuss heretical Ideas will still maintain the official line.
Though they have acknowledged that some of my ideas and beliefs are not uncommon in the church, they could not endorse them, but neither do they try to condemn them.

This is far from what you have found in what I see as both a cultist and legalist form of Christianity.

Unfortunately many newer Churches and religions tend to hold such authoritarian views.

I just wish the Anglican church were more dynamic in it's mission.

Freedomelf

You fully missed the point. Or at least it appears that you did. I didn't mention any church, I mentioned causality. We create our own hells here on earth by the poor choices we make. I am certain that eternity is an extension of the hell or heaven we are experiencing right now.

Thanks for clarifying the point you were trying to make. Yes, that does make sense, and I could agree with that. :)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I'm sorry that I didn't see this query earlier. It would appear that the ICOC has changed considerably in the last four years. How much, I can not comment. I don't see me going back to them under any circumstance. They have forever cured me of legalism.