• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mythical Beasts

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Faint said:
So manticores exist?
I don't know. I've seen no physical evidence to suggest they exist. Then agian, its rather difficult to prove that something doesn't exist.
I put them on the "probably not, but I'll an open mind" list.
Back in the day, people definitly thought they where real. Drawings and descriptions of manticores where often included in old beasteries alongside real animals.
Its an interesting beast, though. Manticores have three sets of teeth that can move independently of eachother, kind of like a shark's jaws.

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Bump.

Manticores are so cute when they are little. :rotfl:
65466VBea_w.jpg

[URL="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Unknown%20User/My%"]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Unknown%20User/My%

EDIT: Oh weak! It won't let me show the picture...[/URL]

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Some animals believed to be mythical, like the Saola, are later discovered to be true. So I don't count much to be outside the realm of possibility. :)

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
gracie said:
the "kraken" is clealy another name for what we now call the giant squid.

and as we don't really know how huge the squid can get, there may well be some crazily monstrous giant squids out there.

my faith doesn't really bring mythic animals into the equation at all- but if i did meet one, i would be expected to treat it carefully and compassionately as i would with all living beings (people included).

Good post!!