• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Namaste from Namaste

Namaste

Hello religiousforums.com

My name is Nick and I am a senior religious studies major at Butler University in Indianapolis. I look forward to reading and replying to the various posts.

See you on the series of tubes!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
welcome to the forum! what are you covering in your degree? i'm a first year religious studies major at Lancaster University in England, and would love to hear about yoru experiences of the course you're doing!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Hey, Namaste! Welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Nick, Namaste!

Welcome to Religious Forums!

I was momentarilly surprised hearing an Atheist greet others with "Namaste" - can you elaborate on your understanding of the meaning of the greeting ?

I hope you enjoy yourself here, and see you around!:)

Truth_Faith13

Welcome! Im not sure I could study religion if I were an atheist! Look forward to hearing about all you have learnt though! :)

Namaste

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Mike182, glad to see another religious studies student! My concentration as of now is Asian religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism mostly). As well as this though I have a deep interest in the dialogue between both the many faiths and believers and non-believers. I gather than all the faiths of the world, or lack thereof, can learn so much from each other in the form of human understanding, the understanding of our universe, and the rich cultures that form the base of active religiosity and atheism. I hope you stick with the degree my friend; there is much to learn!

Michel, heyas! My understanding of the term "namaste" is pretty standard. It means "the inner spirit in me greets and respects the inner spirit in you." And yes, this could seem rather strange coming from an atheist! However I enjoy it because it is a wonderful way to express a greeting in a humble, amicable, and respectful manner.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and see you on the boards!

bflydad

Welcome to RF

I am also studying religions (specifically Neo-Paganism). I think I'm beginning to see the beginnings of a Scholarly/Academic forum?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Mike182, glad to see another religious studies student! My concentration as of now is Asian religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism mostly). As well as this though I have a deep interest in the dialogue between both the many faiths and believers and non-believers. I gather than all the faiths of the world, or lack thereof, can learn so much from each other in the form of human understanding, the understanding of our universe, and the rich cultures that form the base of active religiosity and atheism. I hope you stick with the degree my friend; there is much to learn!

awesome! the core modules in my degree are in Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism, but the side modules i get to do cover sociology of religion and new age religions and spiritualities.

i know i'm just a first year, but i have my dissertation planned already lol

Namaste

It sounds like you're in a fantastic program. How I long for the sociology of religion!

What do you have planned for your dissertation?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Namaste Namaste. Hey is there an echo in here? :D

Welcome to RF. I love your user name. I think if we all live by the meaning of Namaste, there will be no hatred, racism etc. because we will realize that we are all equal. :)

Namaste

Namaste Namaste. Hey is there an echo in here? :D

Welcome to RF. I love your user name. I think if we all live by the meaning of Namaste, there will be no hatred, racism etc. because we will realize that we are all equal. :)

So very, very true :)