• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Namaste!

The Rev

I am a new member, and I am a new Buddhist. The site was recommended to me by another member, SageTree, and so far, it looks really great. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
:wheel:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
**beep beep bop....spark spark fizzle** (in evil speak and spell voice)

"Here is the next offering to the flames of RF-ery"

Welcome to RF Rev, really good to see you.
This place isn't as bad as it seems ;)

LoL!!! ;)

:namaste
SageTree

The Rev

Thanks, everyone!

I have a question: what are frubals? I see that some people have millions of them, some very few.

The Rev

Ch'an. My teacher is a student of Sheng Yen, who founded the Dharma Drum Mountain Center in Taiwan. Ch'an is the Chinese school of Zen Buddhism.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks, everyone!

I have a question: what are frubals? I see that some people have millions of them, some very few.

Welcome to the forum :)

Furbals are a way to express your appreciation of a post. You give a frubal to the post you thought was good, and you're able to add a comment that will appear with the frubal to the user, in the User CP.

The reason you see some people with millions and others with so few is because there has been some form of a technical problem with people having too much frubals, so we reduced the frubaling power to just one frubal at a time. It used to be that people could hand out thousands, hundreds of thousands and in some cases a million frubals at a time. Now thats not the case. So the newer members only went through the one frubal at a time period.

Last edited:

The Rev

Oh, okay. Zen seems to be the most well known Buddhism in the West.

In my area, we have a few different Buddhist groups, including a Nichiren center which is probably the largest. I just happened to stumble upon a small group of Ch'an practitioners that I really took to. Also, of all the Buddhist sects, Zen resonates with me the most, because it is simple and very meditation-oriented.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thanks, everyone!

Based on astrocomical observation, it appears that once, very early in the rfverse's existence, it underwent a brief period of frubal hyperinflation, allowing the forum to expand to it's current dimensions. :D