• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name a Christian church in America that:

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
1. addresses the Spirit of God only as "Holy Ghost" and that the Holy Ghost is in the form of a dove

2. accepts only the Holy Bible (King James Version) for its canon of Christian faith

3. accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and as the only Mediator between Man and God

4. does NOT recognize homosexuality as a sin, therefore is LGBT affirming

5. does NOT accept the ordination of women

6. accepts God as only a male person

I cannot interpret anything in Scripture as a direct prohibition against homosexuality. I can, however, see strong arguments against women ministers in I Timothy and I Corinthians. Holy Spirit is never used in the King James Version, but only "Holy Ghost" is used in the First English Language Bible first published in 1611.

The only LGBT-affirming church I could find in Lawton, Oklahoma is Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church but ELCA unfortunately ordains women ministers. I believe God did not design women with the power and authority to deliver sacraments. Until I find a church near my home that meets all six conditions my hind side is not inclined to come in contact with a pew.

I was baptised a United Methodist at age 17, but this church's acceptance of women ministers, referral to God as "Father and Mother" and her statement in her social principles that she does not condone homosexuality and that homsexuality is not compatible with Christian teachings has driven me away from her and churchgoing for the most part. When a Southern baptsist minister proclaims that he hates homsexuality during service and when at least one other church waves God Hates F_gs signs, I progressively have gotten turned off cold from the faith. I would like to come back home to Christ in a church that meet all my criteria but it might be a tall order: a church conservative enough to ordain men only but liberal enough to accept LGBT.

Just a response about homosexuality. God created marriage and it is for a man and a woman. All over the New Testament there earnings about sexual immorality that is a sin. Sex is reserved for marriage. Here’s a scripture that explains sexual perversions and other evil doers and the reason why God has left those people to indulge.

Romans 1:1-
Reading the verses I quoted does it give the impression that God likes homosexuals? And if they were accepted in churches why don't all of them allow them to get married equally as a man and woman can?

Either the church follows the bible or the church accept that what is written in it is utter non sense and therefore allow it anyway.

Just a response about homosexuality. God created marriage and it is between a man and a woman. Sex is reserved for marriage. All over the New Testament there are warnings about sexual immorality. Here’s some scripture about sexual perversion and other evil depravity and why God has left them to their indulgence. Also, God hates the act not the person. He loves everyone even homosexuals. We should just refrain from sexual interactions outside the sanctity of marriage.

Romans 1:18-32

GOD’S WRATH AGAINST SINFUL HUMANITY

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
Such laws do not apply to Christians since we are under a different law. The Law of Moses has no bearing on those who are not born under it so it is not Christlike to burden them with it. In Christ we have the Law of Love and Grace which means that we are free but we have to be careful with that freedom because it isn't always beneficial but we are not under any condemnation if we utilize that freedom. We have to understand that "freedom hurts" and it cost an very high price. So under the Law of Grace where is the condemnation for being gay?
Such laws do not apply to Christians since we are under a different law. The Law of Moses has no bearing on those who are not born under it so it is not Christlike to burden them with it. In Christ we have the Law of Love and Grace which means that we are free but we have to be careful with that freedom because it isn't always beneficial but we are not under any condemnation if we utilize that freedom. We have to understand that "freedom hurts" and it cost an very high price. So under the Law of Grace where is the condemnation for being gay?

I believe that you are not condemned if your gay. If your in Christ, you’ll never be condemned. The sin though is not being gay, it’s acting on those feelings and leads to sexual immorality. Sins are forgiven.

Nimos

Just a response about homosexuality. God created marriage and it is between a man and a woman. Sex is reserved for marriage. All over the New Testament there are warnings about sexual immorality. Here’s some scripture about sexual perversion and other evil depravity and why God has left them to their indulgence. Also, God hates the act not the person. He loves everyone even homosexuals. We should just refrain from sexual interactions outside the sanctity of marriage.

Romans 1:18-32

GOD’S WRATH AGAINST SINFUL HUMANITY.....

But that doesn't leave a lot of options as far as I see it.

1. God decided that homosexuality should be possible, so he knows that it will occur. Yet he decide to punish people with such sexsuality, Why? What does that say about God?

2. That God continues to allow humans to be homosexsuals if he hates the act so much?

3. If God loves "even" the homosexuals then why does he want them to be killed, if its the act that he doesn't like, why not simply get rid of that? And if he really feel a need to punish them, then why not simply punish them with something less severe than death? A person that rapes a girl, is suppose to marry her as punishment. Ain't something just slightly off here when it comes to justice? If two people of same sex agree to be together, they ought to be killed. I mean none of them are being violated or raped etc.

I don't think one has to be a judge here to see that something is wrong. :)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Would your hymnal include:

??

"Different Drum" (The Stone Poneys)

You and I travel to the beat of a diff'rent drum.
Oh, can't you tell by the way I run
Ev'ry time you make eyes at me. Wo oh.
You cry and you moan and say it will work out.
But honey child I've got my doubts.
You can't see the forest for the trees.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm knockin'.
It's just that I'm not in the market
For a girl who wants to love only me.
Yes, and I ain't sayin' you ain't pretty.
All I'm sayin's I'm not ready for any person,
Place or thing to try and pull the reins in on me.
So Goodbye, I'll be leavin'.
I see no sense in the cryin' and grievin'.
We'll both live a lot longer if you live without me.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm knockin'.
It's just that I'm not in the market
For a girl who wants to love only me.
Yes, and I ain't sayin' you ain't pretty.
All I'm sayin's I'm not ready for any person,
Place or thing to try and pull the reins in on me.
So Goodbye, I'll be leavin'.
I see no sense in the cryin' and grievin'.
We'll both live a lot longer if you live without me.
I think it should contain “Jesus Just Left Chicago.”

ProtonLander

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."-Leviticus 20;

I don't understand,whether you believe this verse still applies or not it is quite negative towards homosexuals.

man lie with mankind=two men,"lie with"=bible's euphaism for intimate relationship,"as he lieth with a woman"=intimate relationship

"they shall surely be put to death"=quite negative!