• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name god in 10 words or less

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Soham Shivoham: I am that I am.

Also, I would say that God is Love.

Ooooh, my dad is always quoting the Upanishads - God cannot be seen with the eye but is that which causes the eye to see.

Smoke

Done here.
penguin this is a bit of a debate among Christians some say he is the son of God others say he is God.
More precisely, some say he is the son of God but not God himself.
Others say he is both.

10 words or less: Eric.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
A secret, sacred, symphany that comes without a sound.
icon14.gif

(I'm counting "
icon14.gif
" as a word)

or...
You don't know, I don't know,
That's all we know.

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
Only 10? That's hard!
Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit (*), Creator, Encourager, Sovereign, Immanuel, Truth, Counselor, Holy.
*Yes, I believe in the Trinity:)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"God" is a word that some people use to refer to a certain kind of experience.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Interesting thought, God being an experience. Could you give me an example of how you've seen this or heard of it?

Many mystics refer to "God" as an experience. Or, more precisely, they call their mystical experiences, experiences of "God".

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
Many mystics refer to "God" as an experience. Or, more precisely, they call their mystical experiences, experiences of "God".

I gotcha. I know about mystics calling their experiences experiences of God, but I can't remember hearing of referring to an experience as God. I learned something new today.

may

He will prove to be ,what he will prove to be ................... that is 11 words so how about ,......He cause to become ...... so as his name has great meaning and no other has this meaningful name , here it is in PSALM 83;18 Jehovah, YES HIS NAME HAS GREAT MEANING

may

Well, naming God is a tricky business, because once you name it, it's no longer God you're talking about.
Why not? psalm 83;18 says that Jehovah is the most high ,
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,​
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18 i think he wants his name to be declared in all the world ,
(Isaiah 42:8) "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
God is the primal sound Om which resonates through creation. :)

Hey, that's exactly 10 words....if you don't count my previous post. Heh heh.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why not? psalm 83;18 says that Jehovah is the most high ,
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18 i think he wants his name to be declared in all the world ,
(Isaiah 42:8) "I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.
I'm not keen to get into a discussion of translation. Suffice it to say that I have my own understanding of what that passage means.