• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name that favorite alcoholic beverage

Poisonshady313

Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Jagermeister, Absinthe.

I don't do whiskey or scotch... maybe I'll mix gin.
And I'm not particular when it comes to beer.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Jagermeister, Absinthe.

I don't do whiskey or scotch... maybe I'll mix gin.
And I'm not particular when it comes to beer.

What is the Absinthe like? I've never had the chance to try it. Is it really that much different than just drinking?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
What is the Absinthe like? I've never had the chance to try it. Is it really that much different than just drinking?

It is strong. The stuff I had was 70% and was infused with cannabis. Tastes a lot like ouzo and such things. It is definitely different.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I like me some Sake. Oh yeah, it's strong, and even though it's called a wine, it hits hard and I love it. But drink it warm, to me it's not good cold. I got 2 bottles today, and one had some drinks to try, Sake Screwdriver. I think I might try that......but I have to go get my sister from work first.

A

angellous_evangellous

Jack on the rocks.

Tequila, lime, and some Triple Sec. On ice.

Sententia

Scotch: Rocks.

(Single malts are good but I also enjoy JW Red, Black and Blue. (Mostly Black.. blue is pricy and red is not bad but cant compare with black.)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Lucky me I don't have to go pick up me sister from work, her boyfriend is....Sake all around......now were is that Karaoke machine.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Is absinthe illegal in USA?

Yup I think so. Though not in the UK and it is legal in most of Europe. It used to be illegal because it was said it was a hallucinogenic when it isn't. It is no more dangerous than any other alcohol.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
As written in a recent book about space travel: I'll have whatever the guy on the floor is drinking. :D

One day, I will get to try a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Then my life will be complete! :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As written in a recent book about space travel: I'll have whatever the guy on the floor is drinking. :D

One day, I will get to try a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Then my life will be complete! :D

I believe you can get a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster at Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa. I'm not sure if their version has the same effect as described in the Guide. :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The closest I have ever come to that was at the "Tropical" on Saba. It was named after the bar and you got to sit and overlook scenes such as this:

019vwZions_Hill_Cottage.jpg

It is truly memorable. :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Scotch: Rocks.

(Single malts are good but I also enjoy JW Red, Black and Blue. (Mostly Black.. blue is pricy and red is not bad but cant compare with black.)

I remember Christopher Hitchens talking about Johnnie Walker on the Daily Show. My memory's a bit foggy from the passage of time, but I remember him saying how the Black was much nicer than the Red, and that the Blue was "not worth the upgrade... but interestingly, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf drinks nothing but."