• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nanda - Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanda

Polyanna
congratulations! question : did you identify ultimately with your character Ugly Girl in high school? cuz she's totally me. :D

Heh... Actually, I identify with all the characters in Ugly Girl; they're all different aspects of my personality. But yes, Ugly's character is very heavily influneced by my teen years. For instance, the comic in which the popular girl tells Ugly that she told "preppy guy" that she asked Ugly to go to the dance with him as a joke ("so just play along!") actually happened to me in my sophomore year.

Pariah

Let go
I have a question that you may or may not be able to answer:

"Why is an atheist even on a religious forum?" and

"Why is an atheist a mod on a religious forum?"

Nanda

Polyanna
Atheists some times become God believers with the passage of time. Don't you think so?

Some do, I'm sure. Some god believers become atheists with the passage of time. I personally know more god believers who have become atheists than atheists who have become god believers (in fact, I don't know any atheists who have become god believers in my personal life) but that's just the people I know. I'm inclined to believe that many people who claim to have been atheists who later became the fanatical type of believers weren't really atheists to begin with, so much as apatheists, but I can't pretend to know what was really going on in their mind, so I couldn't say definatively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.